problem with referencing images/media files using 1.9.2+

problem with referencing images/media files using 1.9.2+

by David Wong -
Number of replies: 3
Hi folks,

I just updated my server last night to 1.9.2+ and now when I try to add a HP quiz file (any type quiz) with an image or media file, it writes an incorrect address referencing the image or media files so the image or media file may not show.

Example:

Should be: Note, it's missing a forward slash betweenthe 49 id and hpquizzes directory.

Anyone having this problem or know a simple solution?

php 5.2.0
Moodle 1.9.2 (Build: 20080711)
Mac OSX server
mysql 5.0.21
Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Wong

Re: problem with referencing images/media files using 1.9.2+

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
HI David,
thanks very much for this report.

It seems someone had modified "mod/hotpot/lib.php" and there was a typo in the modification which resulted in the omission of the trailing slash.

I have fixed that now, and confirmed that relative URLs are once again correctly converted to absolute URLs.

You can download the updated scripts from CVS or the Moodle downlodas page, but you may have to wait till Wednesday next week for that.

If you want the modified HotPot for Moodle 1.9 in a hurry, you may be able to get it from my server:
Or you can probably download just the updated script here:
many thanks
Gordon
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by David Wong -
Gordon,

Thanks for responding so quickly. Over the years, you've saved many of us who use HP a lot of time and aggravation. If I could give you 5 stars somehow in the Moodle community, I would!

d
In reply to David Wong

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Thanks very much for the good vibe David.
much appreciated approve

all the best
g