video in moodle 1.9

video in moodle 1.9

by Antonella Veccia -
Number of replies: 6
Hi,
I tried to insert a short video in a multple choice quiz following the same procedure I have used for embedding audio (using the link facility). However, the problem is that if I answer the question(while whatching) the video disappears.
Any thoughts?
Thanks a lot
Antonella
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Antonella Veccia

Re: video in moodle 1.9

by Teemu Sumi -
I have this problem when I use Firefox 2. I have tried to find the problem but I haven't succeeded. I tried to hack the code so that video files were saved to the directory where Moodle code lies. Then the videos worked. I have also tried every video plugins available for Firefox. Internet Explorer 7 works fine.
In reply to Teemu Sumi

by Antonella Veccia -
Hi,
I am currently using Ffox3 and "to hack the code" is something I don't even know what it means...sorry! The alternative as I understand would be to use E7 but I am a Mac user and I am not sure they like eachother too much.
Thanks for your suggestion...I will enquire about hacking the code...
Ciao
Antonella

by Teemu Sumi -
Hacking is the same as altering. That kind of hacking I tried is not recommended, because it leads to some major security problems. I just tried to find out what is the problem and now I know why it doesn't work. To solve the problem is more difficult. You have to wait that me or some skilled moodle programmer solves the problem.

by Teemu Sumi -
There's no such problem with Firefox 3. This case is closed big grin

by Teemu Sumi -
I have made some tests. It looks like that this is a Firefox video plug-in problem. I have installed QuickTime Plug-in 7.4.5 but I can't see .AVI file type listed any where in Firefox settings. Any other video format is listed. .AVI file type is the one that always disappers. With Firefox 3 that QuickTime Plug-in might come with the standard installation. Firefox can't handle videos without those plug-ins. Do you what plug-in is used when the video disappears? So can you find any list of video formats in Firefox 3 settings? They can't be found where it was in Firefox 2. I use still Frefox 2.

by Julian Ridden -
If you are not using random ordering then you could embed the video into a "Description" (I prefer to call them labels) and have that placed before the question. This has worked for me in the past.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)