can't pass the login screen

can't pass the login screen

by Eliseo Arias -
Number of replies: 1
hi all

i am facing the problem described in the FAQ about being stuck in the login page, i've tried the solutions mentioned there and they don't seem to work. if i use admin/admin it takes me back to the login.

i can't use the suggestions for the firewall because i dont use norton, i checked the sessions and they work fine.

in the faq you mention "The server admin can also fix this for everyone by editing the Moodle configuration page and changing the variable "secureforms" to "No"."

where can i find the moodle configuration page? i looked under moodle/admin and did not find it. i tried http://localhost/moodle/admin/config.php but i need to log in, and that's exactly what i can't do.

thanks in advance.

eliseo.

i'm using fedora core 2 (kernel 2.6), mozilla 1.6, apache 2.0.49, and php 4.34
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eliseo Arias

Re: can't pass the login screen

by IT Services -
Hi smile

A few of my students are having the same problem. Moodle logs them in fine but when they are supposed to be redirected to the moodle index page the page doesn't load and all they see is a blank screen.

I have made a temporary fix where they can click a link i have added which takes them straight to the course category page (course/index.php) although I would appreciate any ideas on what could be the problem.

For some strange reason if I alter their firstname in the database the error stops occuring, though this is not a praticle solution.

I have set the variable "secureforms" to "No" and  the session test at http://yourserver/moodle/lib/session-test.php runs fine.

The wierd part is that it only affects around 10 out of 500 or so students and there does not appear to be any similarities in their user settings that could account for this problem.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Jessica

I am using Moodle 1.3.1 running on Apache 2.0.49 (on Windows 2003 Server) with MySQL 4.0.18, PHP 4.3.7 and LDAP for authentication