Networked site sends enrolment confirmation email

Networked site sends enrolment confirmation email

από Teresa Gibbison -
Αριθμός απαντήσεων: 2
Hi all
We are using networking to allow 'seamless' access between our general Moodle site and our Innovation Moodle site for our teachers and students involved in piloting new features. I would like to prevent the enrolment confirmation email so when I enrol the students they do not receive an emails saying:

Welcome to blah de blah course!

If you have not done so already, you should edit your profile page within the course so that we can learn more about you:

http://site they haven't got an account on yet because they haven't clicked the course link from the local site!!/user/view.php?id=0&course=3

This is just confusing because when the user clicks the link they are prompted to log in... they can't do that because the account hasn't been activated via their local site. Where is this so I can prevent it??

Thanks in anticipation
Teresa

Μέσος όρος βαθμολογίας: -
Σε απάντηση σε Teresa Gibbison

Re: Networked site sends enrolment confirmation email

από Peter Bulmer -
Hi Teresa, on the surface this certainly seems to be an annoying bug, and one that I may have heard of before.

I have a pithy Matt Clarkson diff which I think will address the symptom.

However, this isn't a long-term solution, and I would ask that you search for a relevant bug at tracker.moodle.org, create one if there isn't, and link to it in this discussion.

Include as much information as you can, including what versions of moodle you're running (General and Innovation), to be complete you could include a copy of the email, screenshots etc.

I think it's fairly apparent what's going on, but it may take a little discussion here to nail down what ought to be going on instead.

I'll attach the diff to the bug report so that (if useful) other people can find it.
Σε απάντηση σε Peter Bulmer

Re: Networked site sends enrolment confirmation email

από David Sturrock -
Peter and Matt have applied this patch to the myLearn project Moodle and identified that it also stops standard "welcome to course x" emails that are sent out by the content provider moodle. This means it can't really go upstream into the standard moodle builds. Also there may be some mnet instances where sites may want their networked users to receive the welcome/confirmation email.

My perspective on the issue is that enrolling a user on a course using the mnet -> enrolment interface is the equivalent process to using the admin -> assign roles option within a standard course. To my knowledge, users do not receive a welcome email when they are enrolled in this way. They only receive a message if they are enrolled via the enrolment key option or one of the other enrolment plug-in options that allow you to choose whether an email is sent to students or not.

For this reason I consider the current default sending of an email as a bug for mnet enrolments. However, the fix shouldn't block all welcome messages from being sent. Instead it should focus on the trigger for sending emails treating mnet enrolments the same way as it treats users added manually via "assign roles" in the content provider course.

Of course this ignores the requirement we will have for some sort of bulk enrolment process for mnet users - but that's a separate discussion χαμόγελο.

Cheers
David