Html Editor shows once and then disappears

Html Editor shows once and then disappears

by yossi barak -
Number of replies: 6

Hello all
I just installed the moodle 1.9  on my GoDaddy host and get this problem:
When I use the HTML editor The HTML editor shows once and then disappears and instead I see text box.

Any suggestions, that to do to fix this probelm ?

Thank you

barak

Average of ratings: -
In reply to yossi barak

Re: Html Editor shows once and then disappears

by Ellen Jones -
Ditto here - I am also using GoDaddy. I think Godaddy might be the common thread - not sure why. I don't see anyone else posting with similar issue - and it's a big issue when you're editing content all day!

For me it is almost consistent in that it will not appear the FIRST time, I leave the page and come back, and it will appear. But not always smile

It's been a while since your post. I will keep digging to see if I find anything.

Ellen
In reply to Ellen Jones

by chris harbert -
Hi,

I am having the same exact problem and I also am hosted through GoDaddy. Any solutions to this would be awesome. Thanks

~Chris
In reply to chris harbert

by John Fitchett -

I had the same problem with godaddy...after endless mails with their 'support' staff who were extremely unhelpful, I gave godaddy the flick and went to a different host.

Now I have no problems AND the site is a LOT faster (VERY slow on Godaddy)

In reply to John Fitchett

by Jeff Butts -
Could you share which hosting service you went with? I'm unhappy with Godaddy, but don't want to take my Moodle and podcast sites from bad to worse.

Thanks in advance!
In reply to Jeff Butts

by josh squires -
I have been using Lunarpages for about 5 years now and have been extremely happy with their service. They are very cheap and offer great deals for educators. They also have the fantastico script library which makes it super quick to install moodle with no experience. I like goDaddy as a domain registrant however Lunarpages is just as cheap.
In reply to Ellen Jones

by Ellen Jones -
Followup - definitely a GoDaddy-specific issue. I am now hosting on my own server without any sign of the disappearing HTML editor.

GoDaddy - GoFigure.