Back up from 1.6 moodle and restore to 1.8

Back up from 1.6 moodle and restore to 1.8

by Jeena Babu -
Number of replies: 1

Hello,

I tried to take a backup of one of my courses in Moodle 1.6  and restored it to Moodle 1.8. But it freezed in between. I tried several times. I am geeting an  error like this

Fatal error: Call to undefined function make_user_directory() in /var/www/moodle2/backup/restorelib.php on line 2677

Please any one help me solve this issue.

Thanks,

Jeena

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jeena Babu

Re: Back up from 1.6 moodle and restore to 1.8

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Jeena - Back around October 2007, there wasl an issue with the number of users and having to change the directory structure in moodledata which may have been when the make_user_directory function may have been introduced. It sounds like something happened with your installation of Moodle 1.8. I would want to verify that you have the latest versions of the /backup/restorelib.php and the /lib/moodlelib.php file. The latest version for the restorelib.php is 1.218.2.41 and the latest moodlelib.php file is 1.837.2.86. Try opening those files with a text editor and see what versions you have. You may just want to grab the latest 1.8 code and make sure all of the files are installed. Let me know if you have questions but I think this might help resolve your problem. Peace - Anthony