Warning: cannot yet handle MBCS in html_entity_question/type/multianswer/questiontype.php on line 773

Warning: cannot yet handle MBCS in html_entity_question/type/multianswer/questiontype.php on line 773

by Eric Hagley -
Number of replies: 1
I'm not sure if this is the place to put this, but when I was creating a cloze quiz on 1.9, using mysql after I clicked "save and display" I got the following message.
(I have debugging set to "show errors warnings and notices" in admin. I occasionally see other errors and wonder if I should be reporting these too.)
The quiz eventually showed up, but I'm a little worried that when students go to take it something may go wrong.
If this is all right, no problems! Thought I would bring it up though.
Thank you very much.
E
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eric Hagley

Re: Warning: cannot yet handle MBCS in html_entity_question/type/multianswer/questiontype.php on line 773

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Eric,

There is no such thing as a "cloze quiz" in Moodle; I expect you mean you were creating a question of the Cloze question type. It would be much easier for us to understand your problem if you posted here the exact contents of the particular question which triggered the Warning message.

Anyway, as you have found out, such Warning (or Notices) messages which are displayed in debug mode do not prevent your Moodle quiz from working, so there is no need to worry.

All the best,

Joseph