ajax facilty and forums

ajax facilty and forums

by andrew singleton -
Number of replies: 2

hi i have disabled the users abilty to edit a forum within the system role which users are assigned to and they still are able to edit forum posts , any suggestions?

also how do i enable the ajax facility i had ticked the checkbox to enable it but it does not seem to be working?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to andrew singleton

Re: ajax facilty and forums

by John Isner -
Hi Andrew,
When you say "I have disabled the users abilty to edit a forum within the system role" I think you mean "I have set mod/forum:editanypost ("Edit any post") = Prevent in the Authenticated user role. Is that correct?

If so, teachers will still able to edit any post if they are assigned the Teacher role in a course context. Teacher has mod/forum:editanypost ("Edit any post") = Allow. Since Teacher is assigned in the course context, its permissions take precedence over the corresponding permissions in Authenticated user, which is assigned in an outer context. It sounds complicated, but it is very logical it gives the result you would expect. See how permissions are calculated.

It would be better if you explained what you are trying to do, not how you are doing it.

I can't help you with Ajax.
In reply to John Isner

Re: ajax facilty and forums

by andrew singleton -
I have set mod/forum:editanypost ("Edit any post") = Prevent  however it has not been prevented, the user still has 30 minutes to edit their post? any suggestions