Moodle 1.9.1+ NWiki2.0_Moodle1.9_rev2008040101 Issues

Moodle 1.9.1+ NWiki2.0_Moodle1.9_rev2008040101 Issues

by Mark S -
Number of replies: 9
We installed Moodle 1.9.1+ (newest version) and also installed NWiki2.0_Moodle1.9_rev2008040101 and are having major issues.

On the Preview page (http://*.*.edu/mod/wiki/view.php?id=1&gid=0&uid=9&page=view/First+Page&editor=) we are getting "parser nwiki doesn't exists."

On the Creation and Discussion pages we are getting "This SQL relies on obsolete tables! Your code must be fixed by a developer."

We started with a empty wiki database then I installed the Nwiki. We did not get any errors during installation, just in usage.

Please advise.

Thanks.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark S

Re: Moodle 1.9.1+ NWiki2.0_Moodle1.9_rev2008040101 Issues

by Karl Kennedy -

Hi Mark! I get the same!!! Though I'm on 1.9.2.

Everything was fine on installing then when you go in to edit the page it says:

"This SQL relies on obsolete tables! Your code must be fixed by a developer."

Anyone any joy with this!?? Really need it to work!! Also when saving the page, it doesn't work either!! sad The save, cancel and preview buttons ALL don't work!!

Any help at all would be great!! thanks!

K

In reply to Karl Kennedy

by Steve Wright -
Try saving/editing in Safari - it works in that, but NOT in IE/Firefox or Opera (well in Opera the buttons can be clicked but they don't save the page just refresh to the unedited version).

Does it not save/edit as admin? I can work in pages in IE/Firefox as admin but not as teacher or student.

Good luck - got my own thread on here running with these issues... Where's Ludo???
In reply to Steve Wright

by Karl Kennedy -

Right.......ok... I've now switched to Firefox and the pages save...... however there are other errors sad

I've added links on the first page in order to create the next pages. This worked ok... but when i look at the full view with the links displayed, when i click on one it says "invalid course id"! The linked pages have content in them as it saved ok and I am able to view the pages by going through other means, i.e. the Wiki-Index block...

I have set the course to the 'wiki' format so the wiki is displayed on the main course page. If i just click on the wiki link itself (the activity link) then it allows me to view but not on the actual prominent fron page links...

Weird! sad

Other errors I've found are that there is no howto_nwiki.html help plus on different editors sometimes the obsolete tables error appears again.

Karl

In reply to Karl Kennedy

by Steve Wright -
Wiki links from the front page don't work - they're relative to the front page so don't link to the right directory for the wiki - tried that one myself and then stopped as it doesn't work...

Do pages save if you're logged in with a student ID (e.g. a test student - always a useful profile to have!)? Mine don't - unless I'm in Safari. Logging in as admin and then doing 'login as' doesn't represent the real studetn experience for some reason i.e. you can save in that situation but not if 'properly' logged in as a student.

I've documented the issues I've faced on this thread:
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=103203

Our hosts/sysadmins at pteppic think its a javascript error certainly looks like it from firebug reports).

Good luck - fingers crossed for a fix soon!
In reply to Steve Wright

by Karl Kennedy -

Hi Steve,

Yes, as a student (in firefox) the wiki saves though it seems to only allow one edit on each page then the student can't edit anymore - maybe thats the permissions i've set, i'm not sure or maybe that's the way it's supposed to work!! mixed ...However when I added a new page completely as a student, no one else can see it apart from that student, not even the admin!? Maybe it's meant to be like that also??! Strange...

I have separate groups set so when a student edits (that one time!) i go in as admin, can't see the change but if i click on the student to change then click 'continue', it then just shows me what they have added... so it doesn't actually change the wiki for anyone else. Again - is that the way it's meant to work??

As you can tell i'm a bit of a novice with wikis sad - have never really had the need for them before....

Cheers,

Karl

In reply to Karl Kennedy

by Frank Fulchiero -
I was getting the same error in nwiki, but then stated a wiki using the default settings, which in our case are:
-Only check box selected is "Students can edit the wiki content"
-Editor nwiki
-Student Mode:Students in Group (though we don't have groups)
- Group mode: no groups
-Visible:Show

Wiki seems to work fine in IE/Win, will do more testing, and try to change the above defaults...
In reply to Frank Fulchiero

Student's can't edit/save in IE/Firefox

by Steve Wright -
Hmm - tried that - no joy sad

Other problem is i can't delete these wikis either - clicking the red X button on front page brings up dialogue asking 'd you want to delete resource 193' click yes and then... it's back on next refresh... Not sure how to delete in that case - seems I need to create multiple wikis trying to get them to work and then hide them as you can't delete them.

My frustration is building back to epic proportions - god help Moodle 2.0 if this wiki is going to become core while still being as chronically unreliable as it is at the moment...

If only WetPaint didn't have their 'we own all your content' clause (see below) we'd use that...

"Although Wetpaint does not claim ownership of Submissions that its users post, by posting or submitting Submissions to the Site, you automatically grant and represent and warrant that you have the right to grant to Wetpaint an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid, royalty-free, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, modify, adapt, publish, display, translate, and distribute said Submissions and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works said Submissions and to grant and authorize sublicenses (through multiple tiers) of the foregoing, including as set forth in Paragraph 6 below. Furthermore, by posting Submissions to the Site, as part of the Collective Content, you automatically grant Wetpaint all rights necessary to prohibit any subsequent prohibited aggregation, display, copying, duplication, reproduction, or exploitation of the Collective Content by any party for any purpose."

Hopefully I'll find a way of deleting nWikis and allowing students to edit - I live in hope...

In reply to Steve Wright

Re: Student's can't edit/save in IE/Firefox

by Neil Birt -
Do you have your Ajax option on?

Seems to me I saw something awhile ago about turning off Ajax to get the delete to work properly. I was having that problem in 1.9 beta and turning off Ajax took care of that.
In reply to Neil Birt

Re: Student's can't edit/save in IE/Firefox

by Steve Wright -
Nice idea - no effect ;-(

Have turned AJAX off it's still the same under my student ID... i.e. no save/preview.

Anyone know anything about the filters for the wiki - do they influence this?

Was this actually tested before it was released????