Moodle? Best tool for Tracking Communication?

Moodle? Best tool for Tracking Communication?

by Juanita Berguson -
Number of replies: 5

I have about 40 employees in a sales department.  We installed Moodle to deliver training.  We haven't configured it yet, so I am not sure how the admin. works.

I am wondering this:  on a daily basis we send out updates via e-mail to the salespeople.  Could I

* Set up the Salespeople as a group

* Post the communication as a lesson

* Get a report of those who did not review the communication

Would this be a good approach with Moodle or would you recommend another tool.   I REALLY need some automation.  Too much communication is not getting through!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Juanita Berguson

Re: Moodle? Best tool for Tracking Communication?

by Ger Tielemans -

Well, maybe a little theorie:

• sending e-Mails to people in groups is Push technology: they get the email if they like it or not, you push it in their... mailbox
  • offering a lesson in a VLE like Moodle is more Pull technology: only when a user visits the course ("pull"), he will see a new lesson in that course. As teacher you always can see who visited the lesson by pushing on the small activity button left from the navigation box (GO TO/ga naar..) on every activity page with a navigation bar. (see the picture)
  • You can combine push and pull: in the second example you create a lesson and when it is ready you place the message "hey guys, new course!" in a forum, while you force everyone to be a member of that forum and you swith "send an email ON in that forum"
  • In the additional module BOOK you even can see which pages they opened of the book. (You cannot see if the read them too..smile)

Attachment activiteitenknop.gif
In reply to Ger Tielemans

by Juanita Berguson -

Yes, thanks.  I know what you mean by push/pull.   Yes, that is a good idea to use both. 

Is there a standard report that would tell who did not visit or complete 'the lesson'?

by Ger Tielemans -
the gradesbook teacher overview?
In reply to Ger Tielemans

by Juanita Berguson -
Hey!  That sounds like a possiblity!   Let me take a look!!!!   Thank you, Ger!

by Matt Gibson -
Course page->admin block->reports

Then choose the activity name and 'All days' for a full report.