Always enable "editing on" and disabling personal stuff

Always enable "editing on" and disabling personal stuff

by Stefan Weidner -
Number of replies: 2
Hi everyone.

1st. I'd like to enable the editing mode within a courseroom by default. I know it is the get variable "edit=1", but i need a session key as well. Does anyone have a hint how i can enable it for all sessions?

2nd. I'd like to disable all personal stuff like blogs and profil-settings. Is there a config-way or do i have to rumble within the code?

Regards
Stefan
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stefan Weidner

Re: Always enable "editing on" and disabling personal stuff

by sam marshall -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
You can disable blog from the admin options. Um, I forget the exact name of the setting... it's a dropdown though, search settings for 'blog' and try all the dropdowns, you'll probably find it.

Not sure if you can disable profile editing - have a look at the capabilities, if there is a capability for this then maybe you can do something like disallow or prohibit this in the logged-in user role that everyone has.

As for turning on editing in courses all the time for everyone, maybe easiest to hack the code to make isediting() return true? I dunno if that would completely do it or not.

--sam
In reply to sam marshall

Re: Always enable "editing on" and disabling personal stuff

by Ann Adamcik -
To disable blogs, go to Site Administration -> Security -> Site Policies, and look for the Blog Visibility setting. To disable profile editing, you can either lock the user data fields under Users -> Authentication (depending on what auth method you are using), or you can edit the user roles in Users -> Permissions -> Define Roles. Set the 'Edit own user profile' capability to prevent.
Average of ratings:Useful (1)