Always enable "editing on" and disabling personal stuff

Always enable "editing on" and disabling personal stuff

על ידי Stefan Weidner בתאריך
מספר תגובות: 2
Hi everyone.

1st. I'd like to enable the editing mode within a courseroom by default. I know it is the get variable "edit=1", but i need a session key as well. Does anyone have a hint how i can enable it for all sessions?

2nd. I'd like to disable all personal stuff like blogs and profil-settings. Is there a config-way or do i have to rumble within the code?

Regards
Stefan
ממוצע דרוגים: -
בתגובה ל: Stefan Weidner

Re: Always enable "editing on" and disabling personal stuff

על ידי sam marshall בתאריך
תמונה של Core developers תמונה של Peer reviewers תמונה של Plugin developers
You can disable blog from the admin options. Um, I forget the exact name of the setting... it's a dropdown though, search settings for 'blog' and try all the dropdowns, you'll probably find it.

Not sure if you can disable profile editing - have a look at the capabilities, if there is a capability for this then maybe you can do something like disallow or prohibit this in the logged-in user role that everyone has.

As for turning on editing in courses all the time for everyone, maybe easiest to hack the code to make isediting() return true? I dunno if that would completely do it or not.

--sam
בתגובה ל: sam marshall

Re: Always enable "editing on" and disabling personal stuff

על ידי Ann Adamcik בתאריך
To disable blogs, go to Site Administration -> Security -> Site Policies, and look for the Blog Visibility setting. To disable profile editing, you can either lock the user data fields under Users -> Authentication (depending on what auth method you are using), or you can edit the user roles in Users -> Permissions -> Define Roles. Set the 'Edit own user profile' capability to prevent.