Lesson module - should it be called "Comprehension"?

Re: Lesson module - should it be called "Comprehension"?

by Ray Kingdon -
Number of replies: 0
First I feel kinda responsible for this thread - sorry guys.

I would (a) caution against changing names unless there's a major change to the functionality and (b) find the ability to rename modules at a course (or site) level very useful.

I must put my hand up and say that I talk about "quizzes" to my students which are actually implemented in the Lesson module. So I have to tell them that what are called Lessons (in headings and in the left hand box of the courses) are really the quizzes I want them to do. All a bit embarrassing. Changing the labels to Comprehensions won't get me out of that one big grin.

I also agree the Hansen's second point. But again I would caution that we'll still developing and that makes documenting troublesome. Sometimes it helps to document certain things before the event, it helps make what is implemented "explainable". But other times it easier to implement something that works well on the screen and then document after the event. Sometimes the chicken comes first, sometimes the egg big grin. We must remember that at the moment, quite rightly, Moodle is a moveable feast.