re: gradebook 1.9.1 categories and formulas are not restoring to new sections

re: gradebook 1.9.1 categories and formulas are not restoring to new sections

by David Wong -
Number of replies: 0
Hi folks,

I posted this on the moodle tracker....MDL-15160
as a gradebook bug but wonder if any of you are running into this problem. Sorry for the cross-posting but I am wondering if this shouldn't be in the backup/restore forum instead.

Here's my description below:

We are using a test dev server for teachers to construct their online courses. We intend to back them up and move to a prod server using same version of Moodle, etc. In testing the restore function to a NEW course, when you restore a course the gradebook's categories and formulas are missing in the new course though teachers had set them up in the course. I listed this as a major bug because teachers would have to reset up their gradebooks for every course shell. I even tried importing a gradebook from one course section to another but the import didn't work. The ONLY way the gradebook categories or formulas are restored in the new section is if you backup/restore student data with gradebook.

At my institution,when teachers set up one course section, then they want to duplicate the rest of the sections based on this template course. Imagine if they had a complex gradebook and trouble it would be to have to redo each gradebook for each section.

Steps to reproduce:

1. create a course backup without student data.
2. restore this backup to new course
3. check new course gradebook for categories and formulas that were in old course. they are missing.

Environment:

Mac OSX server
php 5.2
Mysql 5.0.24a
Moodle 1.9.1+ (Build 20080521)

Average of ratings: -