WebCT quiz import with media files

WebCT quiz import with media files

Bởi Marc Grober -
Số lượng các câu trả lời: 4
I am attempting to import some quizzes from EZTest. EZTest will export to WebCT so did an export to Web CT 6 and tried to upload to a new quiz on a 1.8.2 Moodle. I identified the file to be uploaded as a zip because the quiz includes graphics. When the quiz module indicated it would not accept a zip file (which is different as many other modules allow the upload of a zip and then unzipping) I looked at the zip and it contained the WebCT text file and the images referenced. I tried the process again as a Web CT4 and was prompted for the media URL. Not knowing what I should do yet I left this blank to see what would happen, created the zip and tried to upload with the same result. So I just uploaded the text file and it worked fine, but of course there were no images as the quiz pointed to the same directory and there was nothing there.....

Now I understand there is a WebCT course import utility somewhere (though trying to follow the forum on that was pretty confusing.....) but I don't need to import an entire course..... I just need to know how to manage quizzes with attached media. Since I assume that the EZTest export facility uses the Media URL to embed that URL in the questions, my question boils down to how to link up the images and their URLs.

Should I provide a full URL using file.php and pointing the course's moodledata directory as in http://mymoodle.mydomain.com/file.php/27/CourseFiles/ ? Is there some other way? I understand the quiz module import has some limitations... so is there a better way to do this... Would it be easier to export to BlackBoard or some other format?
Trung bình điểm đánh giá: -
Để phản hồi tới Marc Grober

Re: WebCT quiz import with media files

Bởi Howard Miller -
Hình của Core developers Hình của Documentation writers Hình của Particularly helpful Moodlers Hình của Peer reviewers Hình của Plugin developers
The short answer is that there isn't a format that includes images (unless you count the Moodle XML Format).

I've been trying to find the time to rectify this (for about two years buồn ) but I think it'll be for Blackboard files not WebC, unless anybody has a better idea.
Để phản hồi tới Howard Miller

Bởi Marc Grober -
The follow-on question is then how to reference images from quizzes in that I can set the exporter to use a media directory URL, but am not sure how quiz module would use this (see the example in my prior post).

In looking at some of the exports it looks like the more recent formats include an internal media directory and that the quizzes reference that directory, so again, the initial key is to determine resolve the appropriate was to reference media files from quizzes. Whether or not the media file upload is autmated is secondary to the quiz being able to source the files.....

Has anyone experimented on what happens if you use the webct import course utility on use a quiz?
Để phản hồi tới Marc Grober

Bởi Howard Miller -
Hình của Core developers Hình của Documentation writers Hình của Particularly helpful Moodlers Hình của Peer reviewers Hình của Plugin developers
I don't think I fully understand your question, but the quiz just uses the course's file area the same as everything else. The current situation is that you most likely have to upload and link the images manually.
Để phản hồi tới Howard Miller

Bởi Marc Grober -
There are number of methods one can use to link to files in Moodle (I cited the one I thought most likely in my original post using file.php). In some cases what one thinks should work, does not (an example of that concerns codebase references and the query I posted as to that issue has in fact never had a response ;=} )

Perhaps you could give an example of the way that quizzes that do link to images accomplish that.....