using quiz as checklist

using quiz as checklist

by aderet gross -
Number of replies: 3
I would like to duplicate the multichoice qtype and modify it in order to use as a checklist. Can you please give me some tips on how to go about this?
The main changes I would like to make would be: removing the 'choose at least one answer' and other text editing changes. If I make a copy of the multichoice qtype and rename it, Will I then be able to edit the text the same way as with standard qtypes (through the language interface?)
I would also like to remove some of the buttons from the bottom. How do I go about doing that?
Thanks!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to aderet gross

Re: using quiz as checklist

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
You can edit the text using the language editing system. http://docs.moodle.org/en/Language_editing

Hiding buttons, you can either do with the quiz settings, or using CSS in your theme.
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: using quiz as checklist

by aderet gross -
Thanks alot for your quick reply!
I made a copy of the multichoice qtype and renamed it checklist. when I went to notifications in admin I got an empty page. deleting the new qtype made the notifications go back to normal.
What am I doing wrong?
I apologize for asking novice questions. I'm just a beginner...