Post Installation Problem

Post Installation Problem

by Simon Ryder -
Number of replies: 3

I am having problems getting this module to work, I have downloaded and installed the attendance block into ../blocks/ and the attforblock into ../mod/ and copied the Lang pack from the attendance block in the attforblock/lang/enutf8.  logged in as admin and clicked notifcations, no error messages appear all tables etc successfully created.  I can add the attendance block to a page but when i try to add the attendance activity to a course, get a blank page C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\moodle19\course\modedit.  page loading is reported to be done, on clicking refresh get error message saying that only one instance of attendance can be added.  Looking back on the course page shows no reference to attendance activity that I have just attempted to add. 

Has anyone experienced similar problems?  Any soloutions or ideas gratefully recived.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Simon Ryder

Re: Post Installation Problem

by Dmitry Pupinin -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Simon!
Sorry! Is my fault!
I attach file lib.php than you should replace in mod/attforblock.
But you also need small change in database because record about first your attempt should be deleted!

Step by step:
1. Open your course and look what id of it. (for example /course/view.php?id=4 there id is 4)
2. Open your database (phpMyAdmin is good tool!) and in table mdl_attforblock delete record where field 'course' equal id of your course (because you just install module table will contain a single record)

If this changes difficult for you I can make auto update for module.
In reply to Dmitry Pupinin

Re: Post Installation Problem

by Simon Ryder -

Thanks, works like a dream.  What an excellent addition to moodle.

Cheers

Simon