adding attendants

adding attendants

by Jared Angstadt -
Number of replies: 3
Hello all,

I was asked to look into a problem with our moodle scheduler and I'm coming up empty.

The problem:

Using Moodle 1.9: We are looking to use the scheduler to allow our students to sign themselves up for times that out instructors have for training, and instructors being able to add slots for the students, I understand how to add slots, but how do you assign the role of the attendant? Right now we have 5 to 6 instructors, but only one is showing up as a possible attendant.

I have played with the role, system role assignments, looked at the scheduler settings and can't see a way to add our other instructors as attendants. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Jared

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jared Angstadt

Re: adding attendants

by Jared Angstadt -
Any ideas?
In reply to Jared Angstadt

by Valery Fremaux -

Sorry Jared, I was quite busy last days.

Basically attendants are people who can attend. This hosuld be given to any people that have the "attend" capability. This is the case with legacy Editing Teacher role, as shows the short abstract of access.php :

'mod/scheduler:attend' => array(
        'captype' => 'read',
        'contextlevel' => CONTEXT_MODULE,
        'legacy' => array(
            'student' => CAP_PREVENT,
            'teacher' => CAP_ALLOW,
            'editingteacher' => CAP_ALLOW,
            'coursecreator' => CAP_PREVENT,
            'admin' => CAP_PREVENT
        )
    ),

But also might upper role close the access to attendance capability.

Where are you using the scheduler from ? a course, main page ? there may be untested behaviours on main page...

Attachment capabilities_EN.jpg
In reply to Valery Fremaux

by Jared Angstadt -
Hi Valery,

We are attempting to use the scheduler from the main page, looking at the image you have of the permissions most of ours is set to Allow for Teachers and higher, should we try making a course deticated to the scheduler?

Jared