Digital Health and Care Wales is an ambitious organisation created by Welsh Government to lead on the digital transformation of health and care. It builds on the digital architecture and national services put in place by the NHS Wales Informatics Service over the past decade.We wish to recruit a Product Specialist to manage our Moodle platform.
As a Product Specialist you will be required to take a flexible and innovative approach combined with excellent technical, interpersonal, communication and organisational skills to ensure that the application performs to the requirements of its users.
Experience of working within a software service delivery and 2nd line support environment is essential for this post.
£40,057 - £45,839 per annum
This role is based in Cardiff, Wales, UK
What you will be doing
- Provide operational/technical support of the Moodle platform, such as event monitoring, log file maintenance and performance tuning
- Monitor system health and resolve underlying issues
- Server configuration including setting up and maintaining a load balanced multi-server environment
- Deploy and configure major software releases including Apache, PHP and Moodle
- Provide server information analysis and reporting metrics
- Provide guidance and advice to colleagues and other NHS and Public Sector staff
- Demonstrate and apply strong knowledge of ITIL service Delivery and Service Support
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures and work instructions
- Implement/develop reporting solutions
Experience or knowledge in the following areas would be advantageous
- Moodle plugin development
- Windows Server / Azure
- Running Moodle in a load balanced configuration
- Creating test plans and undertaking OAT activities
- Development and execution of scripts for server administration and monitoring/logging
- Development and execution of SQL scripts/queries
- Practical experience in monitoring a database and developing database maintenance plans, particularly with MS SQL server
- Customer and supplier liaison
We have great benefits
In return, we offer a varied role working as part of a dynamic and motivated team. We also offer staff:
- Automatic membership of the NHS pension scheme
- 27 days paid leave plus bank holidays
- Childcare vouchers and flexible working hours
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with operational IT skills wishing to work at a national level.
There may be a requirement to work as part of an on-call rota covering a 24/7 service.
To work in the UK, all candidates who are not UK or Republic of Ireland (RoI) nationals require sponsorship to obtain either a Health and Care visa or Skilled Worker visa, unless you have permission to work via another route. Non UK / RoI candidates wishing to apply should self-assess the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship by visiting Work in the UK. If you are eligible for the Health and Care visa, application costs are lower and you do not need to pay the annual Immigration Health Surcharge.
Please note that if your successful employment is subject to a Time Limited Right to Work, then the tenure of your contract of employment will be limited to reflect your Right to Work
Entry added by Tim Dawe
- Wednesday, September 29, 2021, 9:08 PM
Last updated - Wednesday, September 29, 2021, 10:34 PM