Eurasia Foundation is seeking a Learning Management System (LMS) consultant to provide Eurasia Foundation (EF) with Moodle LMS support services. The Consultant will be responsible for assisting EF with managing a number of Moodle LMS instances operated by EF.
- Increased reliability, user satisfaction, and course completion rates. A sustainable, working, and easy-to-use LMS will enhance user satisfaction and will lead to higher course completion rates.
- Increased productivity. Increase user and course management efficiency. EF staff will make better use of their time when conducting courses and managing users.
- Branding and credibility. Enhance our credibility in the eyes of our audience.
- Secure and stable technology platform.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Baseline assessment of program-specific learning objectives and participant training needs and the Moodle LMS instances in use;
- Provide recommendations for improvements, including security enhancements;
- With EF team, define LMS maintenance and upgrade plan;
- Perform LMS application maintenance according to the approved plan;
- Perform system configuration changes and optimization;
- Implement new themes, features and perform integration with 3rd party services as needed;
- Monitor LMS availability, performance, and security features;
- Keep training platform systems up to date. Work with EF cloud hosting maintenance provider to perform required software updates as verified updates become available;
- Troubleshoot system errors;
- Provide support for LMS and related software issues to EF staff;
- Provide training to EF staff on the platform administration and course design and facilitation using the platform as needed;
- Modify LMS configuration, themes, and code as needed.
The chosen Consultant must be a firm or an individual that has experience managing Moodle LMS platforms (including for the non-profit sector) and utilizes best practices regarding:
- Learning experience design;
- Systems architecture;
- System integration;
- Configuration management;
- User experience and usability testing;
- Responsive design;
- Moodle LMS and web server security configuration and management;
- Moodle development;
- Productivity improvement and cost efficiency advisory;
- Helpdesk support.
Contribution to open-source projects is a plus.
The selection process is open and competitive, and participants will be selected based on the criteria outlined below. Clarity and suitability of the applicant’s approach, including:
- Past performance: relevance of the applicant’s expertise, engagement with Moodle community, and strength of customer references;
- Technical Approach: Maintenance plan and technological solutions for information and configuration management, maintenance, security, and support;
- Relevant experience with Moodle and LMS use in similar contexts and scale;
- Cost: Total costs outlined (a one-year estimate), as well as a percentage breakdown of component tasks.
Interested individuals and organizations are invited to send proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org with “LMS Support” in the subject line no later than April 26, 2020, at 17:00 Washington, DC (UTC).
Entry added by Alexander Orlov
- Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 5:21 AM
Last updated - Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 5:21 AM