Sr. Learning Technology Specialist
Careers That Change Lives:
The Cardiac Rhythm (CRM) Digital
Education Solutions Team created the Medtronic Academy and Field Force Training
websites, to provide global Medtronic employees and customers with a
best-in-class training experience. These digital education systems are utilized
by tens of thousands of global learners each year and are highly rated learning
management solutions. Our goal is to contribute to exceptional patient
care around the globe through the delivery of interactive, relevant and
targeted education solutions.
Our learning technology team is
looking to hire a Sr. Learning Technology (LT) Specialist to help lead system
support, optimization, utilization, and content population of these strategic
sites for the Medtronic Cardiovascular Portfolio.
We are hiring a Sr. Learning
Technology Specialist to act as a chief resource for resolving technical
inquiries and issues, providing consultation, guidance and training to
stakeholders and leading projects to enhance the use of our digital ecosystem.
You will be producing optimal learning experiences within the Academy/ Field
Force Training systems using content developed by our internal and external
instructional designers. We are looking for a professional who exhibits
strong customer focus, critical thinking, project management skills, and the
desire to learn new technologies and methodologies along with the team.
Through the value and power of
virtual education and training, this role significantly contributes to
Medtronic’s mission to alleviate pain, restore health, and extend life to
patients around the world. A career at Medtronic is like no other. We’re
purposeful. We’re committed. And we’re driven by our Mission to alleviate pain,
restore health and extend life for millions of people worldwide.
A Day in the Life:
- Create and maintain LMS course rooms and pages at the
direction of content developers and owners in the functions and operating
- Create and maintain content management system pages
related to training requests.
- Conduct QA testing of newly developed course rooms and
coordinate QA efforts with content owners.
System Support, Consultation and
- Resolve help desk ticket inquiries and issues – focus
on tier 2+ tickets (e.g. troubleshooting, consultation, and tickets
requiring SME and vendor assistance)
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming
queries and issues related to our Totara Learning Management System and
associated aspects of our Content Management System.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues that require advanced
technical knowledge or relies on broad system-level understanding.
- Serve as a chief liaison for course authors, content
developers and associate administrators on system solutions, optimal
approaches, and proper use.
- Conduct stakeholder consultations for all
Cardiovascular Operating Units
- Serve as an evangelist for our content strategy, system
capabilities, optimal and effective design, and overall site usability.
- Act as chief system training: provide course authoring
and associate admin training, provide system role training to new
administrators and course authors, author job aids & micro-video
tutorials, and deliver administrator and course author webinars
Site Administration, Maintenance,
Enhancements Project Management
- Manage and optimize site configurations
- Conduct annual maintenance activities
- Design and document site enhancement requests
- Work with IT partners and vendors to complete system
projects such as system integrations as well as implementing system
Management of Analytics &
- Manage site-wide analytics and reports using Totara
reporting, Adobe Analytics and Tableau.
- Analyze analytics to identify opportunities to improve
site usage, usability, and ROI.
- 10-20% travel required depending on
location. Remote working accepted.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years’ experience in learning technology, computer
science, instructional design, communications (2 years with Advanced
- Experience developing and delivering system training
- Project management experience
- Experience administrating Learning Management System
Nice to Have:
- Master’s Degree
- Experience in administration and support of Moodle or
Totara learning management systems
- Experience with data visualization tools such as
Tableau or Spotfire.
- Experience with rapid authoring tools for eLearning
- Experience supporting video-based learning (capture,
- Experience coordinating system integrations and
projects with IT partners
- Experience partnering with education professionals on a
variety of educational delivery methods such as digital learning,
classroom, virtual training, and blended training
Together, we can change healthcare
worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and
services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We
challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It
is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be. We want to
accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we
will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to
address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described
within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office
Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact
with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your
manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements
that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)
- Posting Date: Mar 25, 2021
- Travel: Yes, < 25 % of the Time