Job offered: Manager, Educational Technologies
Location: Dammam, Saudi Arabia
The Educational Technologies Manager combines pedagogical and technological expertise to inspire, encourage and support faculty with creative, innovative and sustainable educational technology (ET) solutions.
The position holder leads on the provision, promotion, effective use and support of a range of technologies, services and resources to foster technology-enhanced learning and teaching. Focus on strategic development contributes to shaping academic practice, across all stakeholders. The Manager also oversees the Educational Technologies Team (ETT).
Teaching and Learning
- Undertake teaching delivery of ET-focused components of Alasala’s Programs.
- Oversee development and delivery of ET-focused training.
- Design and deliver professional development workshops.
- Provide regular updates concerning ET-related news via relevant channels.
- Provide expert advice and guidance to all stakeholders in developing ET resources for learning and teaching.
- Promote best practice in e-learning and blended learning.
- Develop collaborative networks.
- Lead the implementation of Alasala`s Learning and Teaching Strategy, with emphasis on Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) Framework.
- Coordinate development, review and dissemination of TEL Framework.
- Act as point of contact and recognized source of expertise for faculties.
- Oversee processes and initiatives to measure usage, user-satisfaction and impact of services.
- Oversee development of online resources of ET provision.
- Coordinate, guide and support all ETT activities.
- Identify, prioritize, and oversee strategic ETT projects and goals.
- Identify Team members’ professional development needs.
- Evaluate and provide feedback concerning Team members’ performance.
- Where necessary, act as a point of contact for escalation.
- Undertake outreach via representing Alasala at regional and international conferences, engagement with associations, and establishing partnerships.
- Reflect on own professional practice and keep abreast of current TEL developments.
- Engage in development/ training to adapt the focus of the role.
- Coordinate ongoing technical development, administration and maintenance of Moodle-based virtual learning environment (VLE) and all attendant systems, including provision of expert guidance and support to IT services personnel for system architecting, testing, performance optimization, integration with information & records systems and supporting services, troubleshooting, deployment of upgrades, etc.
- Oversee monitoring, reporting and communications processes of system availability and quality of service.
- Coordinate the development of documentation, user guides and other support resources.
- Liaise with vendors and third-party developers regarding specific institutional requirements.
- Assist in evaluating technology-informed teaching and research-led project funding proposals.
- Provide positive leadership in development and implementation of strategic approaches to integrating technology into curriculum and assessment practices.
- Supervision and responsibility over training and resource specialist positions.
- Provide support and training to faculty and staff in the uses of ET.
- Responsible for maintaining awareness of best practices, emerging technologies and new potentials in educational technology while supporting users at all College instructional sites.
- Master’s degree (or higher) in Educational Technology or similar.
- Expertise with institutional ET systems, such as VLEs, e-portfolios, video streaming platforms, assessment tools, data reporting and analytics platforms, server architecture, networking, Linux, and MySQL.
- Experience with web development including working knowledge of HTML.
- Superior teaching skills with at least 7-10 years of experience.
- Preferred prior experience as lead teacher, technology integrator or comparable.
- English proficiency; Arabic a plus.
To apply or receive further information, please contact Susanne Nohel, HR Development Adviser: firstname.lastname@example.org
Entry added by Jennifer Howard
- Thursday, June 11, 2020, 11:15 PM
Last updated - Thursday, June 11, 2020, 11:15 PM