An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Learning Technologist with Systems Administration skills to join UCOL’s Quality
Directorate. The role will have you informing a variety of educational technology projects. This position is a full time (40 hours a week) permanent position.
The Learning Technologist (Systems Administrator) primary role is to provide support for UCOL’s Learning Management System (Moodle). As well as providing professional guidance and direction, you will be giving insightful advice on new and existing educational applications right from the initial stages of new programme planning and working with academic staff to reveal the solutions needed for specific learner needs
It is essential that you have a relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent
experience in Technology Supported Learning, eLearning, Education or ICT. A qualification in adult education, training and development (with experience in the tertiary education sector) would be an advantage. You will have significant experience and knowledge of eLearning approaches and tools and an ability to design, document and provide training to UCOL staff on using the LMS.
Preference will be given to candidates who can also demonstrate:
- At least 2-5 years’ experience in learning management systems administration (preferably Moodle 3.3 and above). In particular, but not limited to, all Moodle user facing functions, setting and modifying course environment settings to match institutional policies and working with the Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) team to maintain a regular backup cycle with regards to current legislation.
- Familiarity with administering all operational functions of the LMS.
- Exposure to MYSQL databases and web server operation, websites (HTML5 and CSS) and SharePoint or other content management systems. An in-depth understanding of ePortfolios, digital repositories, video capture, open source applications and other educational technology solutions would also be desirable.
- Maintaining the LMS’s upgrade cycle, including acting on notifications issued by OpenLMS, UCOL’s current LMS vendor.
- The use of learning analytics and diagnostics to improve future learning design and student experience.
- The organisation of the LMS development process by configuring features and contributing to internal documentation, forums and other training material as required.
- Presentation, training and development experience with educational technologies.
- Adaptability to lend support from time to time to other roles in the Learning Technologies team.
At UCOL we embrace diversity, talent and performance, and provide our staff with an extensive range of opportunities to develop intellectually, professionally and personally.
All your details must be registered on https://careers.ucol.ac.nz/home for you to be able to apply for a job with UCOL. As soon as you register and then apply for a role, a confirmation email will be sent to you.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa and may be required to undergo pre-employment checks; which may include completing New Zealand Police Vetting as part of The Vulnerable Children's Act 2014 and may also include pre-employment drug and alcohol testing in safety sensitive roles.
Entry added by Vernon Spain
- Thursday, October 17, 2019, 10:39 AM
Last updated - Thursday, October 17, 2019, 10:42 AM