Location: Ideally, Holywood, Co. Down - Flexible within UK
Salary: £22-30k, depending on experience.
Apply Online: https://synergylearning.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/view.php?id=8
We are looking for a first-class UX Developer with the drive, enthusiasm and expertise
necessary to bring our customers’ requirements to fruition. You will work with the wider team
to create WOW that comes with exceeding expectations and delivering the highest standard
of user experience. Reporting to the Head of Operations, you will be joining the team as we
embark upon a period of significant growth. If you want to work in a positive, team focused
culture; you have the talent and identify with our vision and values, then we want to hear from
Established in 2005, Synergy Learning is a leading learning technologies company, located in Holywood, Co. Down. We're a global leader in the design and development of custom eLearning solutions, having helped clients in over 40 countries through more than 1000 projects. We are a leading certified Moodle and Mahara Partner and have been named global Lead Seller for Totara.
Our customers are at the central focus of everything we do, and we work in partnership with clients as diverse as Ryanair and The Kennel Club to help them improve their performance through learning and development using results-driven technologies. We thrive on teamwork and are a community of experts who are proud of our friendly and professional approach to getting the job done. Everything we do is underpinned by this culture. Our vision, as we enter this next exciting phase of growth, is to be the world leader in results-driven learning technologies that EXCITE, ENGAGE & EMPOWER. Our MISSION is to create incredible learning experiences using technologies that deliver tangible compelling results to our customers.
And our values? We WOW! We are Passionate & Committed; We are Innovative; We are 1Team; We have Fun!
What We Offer
Further to a benchmarked competitive salary, and performance related bonus, we offer all employees 35 paid days off a year, contributory pension, access to training & development, a wellbeing programme, free parking, childcare vouchers, and after a qualifying period, performance bonus, Perkbox, cycle to work scheme and other discretionary benefits. However, a recent staff survey rated the quality of the team and working relationships as being among the most valued benefits of working at Synergy Learning.
To work collaboratively with the UX designers to bring the client requirements & design
concepts into reality. You would be focused on the user experience, making the applications
visually impressive and to the highest standard of usability.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Aligned with Synergy Learning's Vision and Values
- Develop professional user interfaces
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to guarantee high quality, on-time and onbudget
- Ensure quality of design, implementation & documentation
- Collaborate with non-technical staff in emerging web development techniques & best
- Provide accurate task estimation
- Focus on delivering optimum results for Customers
Skills and Qualities
- Excellent HTML, CSS, LESS and SASS experience
- Excellent knowledge of web accessibility standards
- Proven track record of addressing development issues (Eg. Cross Browser)
- Prioritise teamwork via strong communication & collaboration skills
- LAMP Experience (Linux Apache MySQL PHP)
- Experience of version control systems (eg. Git)
- Experience with PHP development language
- Knowledge of Virtual Learning Environments
Relationships & Reporting
- Works collaboratively with all project stakeholders & with all colleagues.
- Is led & mentored by the Lead UX Developer
- Reports to Head of Operations