Position: PHP Developer
Location: Ideally, Holywood, Co. Down - Flexible within UK
Salary: £25-35k, depending on experience.
Apply Online: https://synergylearning.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/view.php?id=24
Established in 2005, Synergy Learning is a leading learning technologies company, located
in Holywood, Co. Down. We're a global leader in the design and development of custom
eLearning solutions, having helped clients in over 40 countries through more than 1000
projects. We are a leading certified Moodle and Mahara Partner and have been named global Lead
Seller for Totara.
Our customers are at the central focus of everything we do, and we work in partnership
with clients as diverse as Ryanair and The Kennel Club to help them improve their performance
through learning and development using results-driven technologies.
We thrive on teamwork and are a community of experts who are proud of our friendly and
professional approach to getting the job done. Everything we do is underpinned by this
culture. Our vision, as we enter this next exciting phase of growth, is to be the world leader
in results-driven learning technologies that EXCITE, ENGAGE & EMPOWER. Our MISSION
is to create incredible learning experiences using technologies that deliver tangible compelling
results to our customers.
And our values? We WOW! We are Passionate & Committed;
We are Innovative; We are 1Team; We have Fun!
What We Offer
Further to a benchmarked competitive salary, and performance related bonus, we offer all
employees 35 paid days off a year, contributory pension, access to training & development,
a wellbeing programme, free parking, childcare vouchers, and after a qualifying period,
performance bonus, Perkbox, cycle to work scheme and other discretionary benefits.
However, a recent staff survey rated the quality of the team and working relationships as
being among the most valued benefits of working at Synergy Learning.
Developers turn customer feature requirements & requests into reality. They improve &
expand the functionality of the systems. Developers understand in-depth how the applications
are built. They provide advice into how the application should function & suggest
improvements where possible.
- Must have at least 3 or more years experience in a Development role
- The successful candidate must have a strong desire to always help colleagues when
they are stuck on a problem. This skill must remain strong even when working on
your own development projects.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Develop plugins & core changes for Virtual Learning Environments in PHP
- Guarantee high quality, on-time and on-budget delivery of projects
- Ensure highest quality of documentation
- Work collaboratively with all colleagues to ensure highest standard of all
- Review scheduled project tasks for time estimation accuracy
- Demonstrate best practice approach to documentation & encourage colleagues to
do the same
- Suggest and help implement changes and optimisations to current development
processes and workflows
Skills and Qualities
- Have in-depth knowledge of PHP and best practices
- Analyse Specification documents for accuracy and clarity
- Strong knowledge of LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
- Expert in Virtual Learning Environments (specifically Moodle & Totara)
- Strong communication, initiative & collaboration skills
- Git Version Control best practices
- Excellent knowledge of PHP Unit & behat testing
- Linux Shell scripting
Relationships & Reporting
- Works collaboratively with all project stakeholders & with all colleagues.
- Is led & mentored by the Lead PHP Developer
- Reports to Head of Operations
By applying for this position, you agree that We can process your data. We process
this data for recruitment purposes only. We are storing this data in our Applicant
Tracking System, which stores data in the U.S and is fully compliant with EU data
protection laws, and we will not share it with anyone else.We would like to keep this
data until our open role is filled. We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we
will consider this period over when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position
for which we are considering you. When that period is over, we will either delete your
data or inform you that we will keep it in our database for future roles. Here’s a link to
about our compliance with GDPR (data protection law.) You can find how to send us
a request to let you access your data that we have collected, request us to delete
your data, correct any inaccuracies or restrict our processing of your data. You can
contact our DPO at email@example.com for more information.