The Schedule: Part-time flexible schedule, maintenance here and there and as needed per project
Employment type: Contractor / freelancer (long-term)
Please note: ONLY INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS NEED APPLY ; AGENCIES / SERVICE SUPPLIERS PLEASE REFRAIN
We have a moderately customized Moodle 3.2 installation and need support on some day-to-day issues as well as future customer integrations into our system. PHP development on existing customizations and future functionality requests. There are also some shopping carts that integrate back to Moodle to perform auto-enrollments etc.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Integration support and maintenance of online education software including upgrades, migrations and troubleshooting Moodle databases
- Installing and customizing Moodle plugins
- Work with third party IT departments on integrating data feeds and SAML2 SSO
- OpenCart installation, support and customization where necessary
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Moodle programming/design experience. Very good familiarity with the internals of the Moodle code base preferred or experience working at a high level with another web application and the willingness to learn something new.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and think of relevant on-point solutions, subsequently translating those solutions into solid code that can be built upon and easily maintained.
- Proven background translating technical content into digestible information
- Strong PHP & SQL programming skills
- A good grasp of git version control
- Ability to select or customize appropriate plugins to install in Moodle to meet customer requirements
- Experience with Moodle Integration into 3rd Party Software (like OpenCart) is a plus
- Solid time management skills
- Ability to provide production support to a critical business LMS system
Entry added by Keith Banning
- Tuesday, 15 May 2018, 2:07 AM
Last updated - Tuesday, 15 May 2018, 2:07 AM