Job offered: Open Source Development Coordinator (Project Manager & Team Leader) at Moodle HQ
Moodle with us!
Have you heard or know of Moodle? We're the world's open source learning platform and we are on a mission to empower educators to improve our world!
If you are an experienced and professional project manager, who wants to work on varied and international projects, enjoy learning and being challenged, while having fun together as we advance our mission, read on!
Find out about your new workplace...
Moodle is an award-winning international open-source software project. We create the most powerful online learning platform that's used by schools, higher education institutions and workplaces globally!
Did you know Google, the United Nations, UK Government, US Defence Force, Open University and California State and Columbia Universities through to schools in your local area use our platform?
In fact we have over 100 million registered users and our platform is used in every country in the world!
Our team is mostly based in Perth, Australia and Barcelona, Spain. But we have colleagues all over the world too - Belgium, the UK, India, Canada, USA, The Czech Republic!
We are a hard working team because we believe in the ability of our platform to make a positive difference in our world. When you join us, you will hear stories how we are doing exactly that!
This position is based in Perth so ideally you will already live in Perth or be prepared to live in Perth.
Lastly, we really value our peers, and a caring, respectful, open and innovative workplace.
Find out more about us at moodle.com.
What your new job can look like…
Based in our Perth headquarters, most days can involve a mix of:
- Overseeing the delivery of the open source roadmap
- Managing projects
- Communicating with all stakeholders
- Coordinating and coaching individuals within the open source team
- ...and having a laugh with your team...
We'd love to meet you…
Especially if you can talk to us about your:
- Experience in software development
- 5+ years experience in project management on software development projects
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and manage project management teams both local and international
- Experience with project management tools
- Writing technical specification skills
- Experience in managing multiple projects at once
- Exceptional communication and report writing skills
- Awesome relationship management skills
- Enthusiastic and approachable personality
- Superior negotiation skills
Extra awesome if you can share:
- Your exposure to Moodle architecture
- Your knowledge of LMS products
What's in it for you?
Besides the obvious that we've mentioned - a workplace where we really value our peers, and a caring, respectful, open and innovative workplace - what about:
- A competitive salary
- Gaining new skills by learning from highly skilled peers
- Opportunity to travel
- Ability to work on challenging & internationally recognised projects
- The knowledge you are helping millions of people reach their goals
Does this all sound good? If yes…
Please go to Open Source Development Coordinator (Project Manager & Team Leader) - SEEK and click on the "apply now" button now!
Add a cover letter, resume and anything else you'd like to add.
Wait to hear from us soon… (Sorry in advance but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.)
No recruitment agencies please!