Northwest Christian University Overview
Northwest Christian University is a Christian, private, liberal-arts, comprehensive university closely affiliated with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and the Christian Churches/Churches of Christ – approximately fifteen percent of students are from these two church bodies. Northwest Christian University also has an ecumenical interest and offers its resources to students and congregations of many church traditions. These students are affiliated with denominational and non-denominational groups, such as Presbyterian, Baptist, Methodist, Foursquare, Lutheran, Nazarene, Episcopal, Assembly of God, Catholic, and Community Churches. The University was founded in 1895 and is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. Located in the city of Eugene, Oregon – population 156,000 (one hour from the Coast, one hour from the Cascade Mountains, ninety minutes south of Portland). Northwest Christian University enrolls an undergraduate and graduate student body of 750+ students (200 residential). Northwest Christian University was most recently ranked by U.S. News and World Report fifteenth overall among forty comprehensive Colleges in the Western Region.
The Instructional Technology Specialist will provide support and training to faculty for online and in-person learning technologies, including the university LMS (learning management system). The Instructional Technologist must be courteous, professional, and customer service oriented at all times.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate support of educational technology
- Develop support documentation and training to aid faculty in using education technology
- Research and recommend best practice guidelines for technology usage
- Provide 1st and 2nd level support for LMS related issues
- Coordinate LMS upgrades
- Identify, recommend and implement additional educational technologies as needed
- Assist in development of new courses and monitor course quality
- Additional duties as assigned
Experience and Qualification Requirements
- Demonstrated ability to learn new software at depth
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills in a training or support setting
- Comfort developing and delivering training to small and large groups
- Prefer experience with LMS and other educational technologies
- Prefer familiarity with Moodle 2.7 or higher
- Prefer experience in higher education
- Master’s degree preferred, ideally in instructional technology, curriculum design, education, information science, or a related field
- Ability to utilize Windows based software including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, along with a wide range of instructional technology tools and resources.
Working Conditions/Special Requirements
- NCU seeks candidates who demonstrate a vibrant and maturing Christian faith. Application materials should include a personal statement that addresses how a maturing Christian faith finds expression in the candidate’s personal life, family life, community life, and current church membership. The faith statement should also address how the candidate integrates faith into his/her academic discipline, both inside and outside the classroom.
- The applicant’s list of references should include the applicant’s pastor or another appropriate church leader who is able to address the applicant’s faith background.
- The position requires a strong commitment to multiculturalism and diversity.
- The position requires working in a non-smoking, drug free environment.
- The employee must adhere to FERPA guidelines and student confidentiality at all times.
- The employee must have high personal motivation, with great attention to detail and accuracy, project a positive and vibrant attitude in assisting people, and have high ethics of honesty and confidentiality with a genuine and gracious presence pertaining to the students, faculty, staff and business of the department and the University.
- Listening skills and the ability to speak and write clearly are essential to the position.
- Individual must possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
For consideration, please submit the following materials:
- NCU Employment Application
- Cover letter addressing skills, experience, and knowledge
- Personal Statement of Faith that addresses how a maturing Christian faith finds expression in the candidate’s personal life, family life, community life, and current church membership.
- Contact Information for three references
Or mail application materials to:
Director of Information Technology
Northwest Christian University
828 E. 11th Ave.
Eugene, OR 97401
Entry added by Stead Halstead
- Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 12:02 AM
Last updated - Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 12:02 AM