Job offered: Moodle Developer
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Blackboard Consulting works with clients to solve a wide variety of business and technology challenges. Using both industry standard and cutting edge technologies our consultants develop innovative, custom solutions that extend, enhance and integrate Blackboard’s enterprise products. Blackboard consultants work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and interface directly with clients on a daily basis, often on multiple concurrent engagements.
Blackboard is looking for a highly qualified and motivated developer with solid Software Development experience to be a key player in the International Consulting team. The International Consulting team, works directly with institutions and partners to develop or include enhancements and additional functionality to be incorporated in a range of open source offerings, including the Moodlerooms’ SaaS platform. Members of the International Consulting team work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and interface routinely with clients.
A Software Engineer’s responsibilities include:
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONSREQUIRED SKILLS:
- Implement and maintain high-quality enhancements and additional subsystems to our flagship products based on the open source software Moodle.
- Contribute to gathering and documenting business requirements and translate them into technical specifications and designs.
- Estimate work tasks and level of effort within project timeline.
- Evaluate risk and impact associated with proposed scope and design changes.
- Actively participate in quality assurance activities including design and code reviews, unit testing, defect fixes, operational readiness, etc.
- Research and troubleshoot issues, provide technical support to client team as needed.
- Conduct targeted technical mentoring, training and workshops.
- All job duties described above require a flexible work schedule to meet client needs.
- Some travel may be required.
- This position can be based anywhere in the Asia Pacific Region.
- A degree in software engineering or computer science and three years of experience in commercial software development OR, a masters degree in a related field and one year of experience in enterprise software development.
- At least two years of experience with the Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP (LAMP) stack.
- Experience with full software development lifecycle of applications in Java or .NET or similar programming language
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English required.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a geographically distributed virtual team environment and to build relationships with internal and external organizations.
- Demonstrated time management and prioritization skills, and ability to manage expectations effectively when handling multiple assignments simultaneously with competing deadlines.
- Proven ability to learn new technologies as needed.
- At least a year of experience with Learning Management System (Moodle preferred), Student Information System, or IMS Global Learning Consortium development. Experience with large scale open source applications, such as Drupal, can supplement a lack of educational technology experience.
- Development experience enhancing and optimizing SaaS software.
- Experience with other database technologies, including Oracle and SQL Server
- Experience with other web application stacks, including Java and non-relational databases.
- Experience in a client-facing capacity. Consulting experience preferred.
- Written and spoken fluency in a language(s) other than English.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of multi disciplinary team.
- Flexibility and aptitude for adapting to changing priorities.
- Commitment to quality and a willingness to take responsibility for quality outcomes.
- Communicates honestly, openly and consistently.
- Well prepared and organised, ability to manage multiple tasks in a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to evaluate information quickly, apply practical judgement and common sense.
Entry added by Blackboard Recruiting
- Friday, September 23, 2016, 3:22 AM
Last updated - Friday, September 23, 2016, 3:22 AM