Help us maintain and grow the Trend Micro education portal, used by thousands of employees, partners and customers around the world. There is a stable environment today that requires ongoing care, but also an interesting and diverse roadmap that successful candidates can help shape.
This is a contract position for a period of a few months, with the possibility of renewal. The effort is expected to be full-time or nearly full.
The Training Developer/Sr. Infrastructure
Engineer will be responsible for the ongoing development, customization and
maintenance of Trend Micro’s Education Portal (LMS). The Education Portal is
used globally for the training and certification of our internal and external
- Take ownership of select high-profile, mission critical
tools and services.
- Design, develop and maintain best-in-class user experience
resulting in compelling end-user engagement.
- Enhance and develop additional LMS features and
functionality to meet the needs of users around the world.
- Installation and maintenance of key applications and
infrastructure including Moodle, Joomla, AWS.
- Ensure that all custom code, architecture
deployment and system integration details are sufficiently documented to
eliminate risk of single point of failure.
The successful candidate will need to have
hands-on experience of supporting and developing
- web based applications in PHP and various frameworks.
- Ability to manage and implement front end/server side
infrastructure including but not limited to web markup (e.g. HTML5 and CSS3),
- MySQL and writing complex SQL queries.
- Deep technical understanding of the Moodle LMS platform
and the Joomla CMS platform. Experience developing custom modules for these
platforms is desired.
- Linux system administration and tools experience (grep,
cron, ssh, scp, vi). Comfortable working at the command line.
- Experience designing and building highly scalable,
redundant, distributed architectures for deployment of enterprise applications.
- Optimizing code and queries; methodical, organized and
structured approach to writing code and problem solving.
- Experience with supporting technologies, including but not
limited to version control systems (Git / SVN), continuous integration, and
- Working knowledge of hosting in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Meticulous attention to detail and a can-do attitude.
- Good problem solver, enjoying variety and delivering
efficient, scalable and client focused solutions.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work on own
- BSCS/IS/IT or equivalent required. Advanced
degree is a plus.
Entry added by Eric Skinner
- Monday, June 6, 2016, 10:45 AM
Last updated - Monday, June 6, 2016, 10:08 PM