Job offered: Vacancy: Learning Technologist, implementation
Location: Wimbledon, London
The CIPD Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) team is responsible for the design, development and maintenance of the CIPD learning management system (LMS) which delivers CIPD courses to over 10,000 students worldwide!
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced learning technologist to join the VLE team and support the implementation of operational and pedagogical content development of CIPD’s LMS and associated technologies. As the learning technologist you will -
- Ensure the smooth running of CIPD’s Moodle LMS, associated technologies and plug-ins.
- Liaise with IT and external developers on implementing new functionalities/developments.
- Ensure all system errors and bugs are resolved within the expected timescales.
- Work with IT and 3rd party suppliers on the ongoing development and maintenance of the LMS test servers.
- Regularly review and update LMS processes/user guidance. Produce documentation and communicate to relevant staff/users.
- Be the key contact for technical LMS support queries for all internal and external users.
- Advise on the best use of web technologies on our Moodle LMS.
- Provide support for e-learning innovation across all CIPD learning programmes/CPD tools
Desired Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you’ll be an experienced learning technologist with the following experience:
- Expert back-end user of Moodle
- Strong pedagogical knowledge
- Experienced user of Mahara or other e-portfolio tool
- Technical competence in HTML
- Strong technical and process knowledge
- Understanding and commitment to providing the best online user experience
- A good understanding of databases and data
- Knowledge of data protection/copyright issues.
- Ability to clearly and succinctly communicate technical and pedagogical concepts to others
The CIPD truly is a great place to work and there has never been a more interesting or important time to join us. We are passionate about developing our people and offer a wide range of professional development opportunities and benefits such as 28 days holiday, free two course lunch and flexible working hours.
To apply please visit http://ikrut.com/microsite/Microsite.ashx?job_id=11258&cmp_uid=f7456f9b-c5a7-456c-9b73-4d51af9b4470&strSourceID=12929&msite=True#!
or our linkdin http://www.linkedin.com/jobs?viewJob=&jobId=7537564
Entry added by Carina Sebastiao
- Monday, September 30, 2013, 8:54 PM
Last updated - Saturday, October 12, 2013, 12:05 AM