Do you want to work for an awesome startup that is bucking the trends, re-envisioning EdTech and going against the status quo?
What We are Doing:
We are building a platform that simplifies learning systems and processes, by combining the most popular open source Learning Management System with Google Technology.
Our focus on Google Technology is allowing our clients to build training programs that their learners can follow using the tools and interface they are already familiar with.
About the Position
We require engineers who are expert PHP coders with a strong understanding of Google’s various development tools and APIs. You must have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, fluency in coding with good communication and project management skills. As with most startups, we expect a high degree of forward-thinking and self-reliance.
- Translate user stories into proposed solutions
- Present and effectively communicate the pros and cons of your proposed solutions
- Develop quality solutions efficiently and on time
- Document your solutions, create test cases, report on bugs and provide fixes
- Run development side test cases and assist with UAT
- Ongoing capacity planning
- Monitor and maintain mission critical services
- Engage with and contribute to the Social Learning Project community
- 4 years experience with open source and Google technology
- At least 1 year of relevant experience in developing e-Learning tools with good working knowledge of Moodle and/or Totara
- Experience programming in PHP, Web development and using Google APIs
- A BS degree in Computer Science or related field would be beneficial
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science or related field
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in user interface and software design
- Significant experience in developing e-Learning software with strong knowledge of Moodle/Totara and other LMS platforms
Entry added by Bodo Hoenen
- Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 2:06 AM
Last updated - Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 2:08 AM