The Training Projects Specialist position is located in Herndon, VA and is responsible for working with the Director of Corporate Training to identify specific training needs and develop the necessary materials.
This position has a customer-service focus, working both behind-the-scenes and interfacing across all levels to seamlessly organize and execute learning activities. Attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and highly developed organizational skills are required. A professional demeanor and the ability to work in a small team environment are essential, as are excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
The Training Projects Specialist develops and evaluates training methodology and curriculum content. Performs complex work to plan, develop, coordinate and implement training tools and services in support of the training department. Including; creation of training materials, case studies, PowerPoint presentations, worksheets and handouts, design and distribution of surveys, interviews and questionnaires for conducting training needs assessments. Designs and applies evaluation techniques and proficiency testing methods to measure the effectiveness of training. Maintains existing SharePoint and ELearning resources and proposes and designs new content for electronic curriculum library as new trainings are created or old ones updated and improved. The Training Projects Specialist will propose innovative solutions to assist in the conversion of traditional training materials to alternative learning formats.
- College degree, 3-5 year experience in training and development or instructional design
- Experience with Moodle and SharePoint highly desirable.
- High aptitude for learning new systems & concepts
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and various training methodologies
- Excellent analytical and decision making skills; high level of flexibility and creativity
- Ability to interpret complex requests & implement based on aggressive timelines
- Ability to work on multiple tasks independently without direct supervision
- Ability to recognize trends and provide relevant solutions
- Demonstrated success at working with cross-functional teams and building strong relationships across departments
- Enthusiasm and ability to excel in a fast-paced changing environment
- Demonstrated strong proficiency in MS Office Suite skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Entry added by Mitch McKenna
- Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 3:02 AM
Last updated - Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 3:02 AM