Job offered: Lead Instructional Designer
Location: Deerfield, Illinois (Chicago Suburb)
Lead Instructional Designer for College and Graduate School.
Full Job Description: http://tiu.edu/hr/postings/tc-tgs-lead-instructional-designer/
The Instructional Designer collaboratively assists faculty in the design and construction of online and hybrid courses. The Designer will transform the faculty’s academic and pedagogical vision into courses that conform to best practice for online and hybrid teaching and learning. All aspects of course design, from analysis to design, development, implementation, and evaluation will be guided by the Lead Instructional Designer.
- Provide instructional design, course development, and faculty training.
- Provide vision and leadership in the integration of instructional technologies for online and hybrid programs, utilizing the leading technology tools currently available for online teaching and learning
- Maintain knowledge/expertise related to new developments in pedagogy and technology-mediated learning
- Foster a collaborative learning environment as part of the online and hybrid course experience
- Utilize effective ways of motivating and engaging students in activities designed to achieve learning outcomes.
- Develop and continuously improve the collaborative process of online and hybrid course development with faculty.
- Provide Moodle support for faculty and students
- Aid in the review of quality standards pertaining to course development and delivery
- Work closely with Trinity College and Graduate School faculty and administration to develop and evaluate faculty support procedures and the use of technology in the teaching and learning environment
- Possess a commitment to the mission, values and statement of faith ofTrinity International University, a commitment to a Christian lifestyle, and personal character that is consistent with biblical models.
- Masters Degree in Education or related field, preferably in Instructional Design and Technology
- A minimum of two years’ experience in online course design.
- Expertise with the Moodle Platform. Strong knowledge of the CMS space and experience with other platforms is valuable.
- Ability to train and orient faculty and students on the Online Campus platform, including development and delivery of training within an online course environment.
- Proficiency with course authoring software, learning management systems (specifically Moodle version 2.x), content management, graphic editing software, storyboarding, multimedia, and other appropriate teaching/learning technologies
- Ability to set online course standards in collaboration with faculty, and provide a high level of detail with respect to quality and adherence to standards.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as effectively on a team.
- Ability to sustain high levels of productivity, prioritizing tasks and projects, and scheduling ongoing work appropriately
- Ability to meet regular deadlines and handle stressful situations with flexibility and good humor
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Apply for this Position
Entry added by Steven Geggie
- Thursday, 25 April 2013, 11:36 PM
Last updated - Thursday, 25 April 2013, 11:45 PM