For detailed RFP please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with "Moodle: Administration, Maintenance and Support" in the subject line. Please also indicate that you found this post on Elance. The proposal does need to be in a specific format that is listed in more detail in the RFP.
The goal of this project is to have a separate instance of the Moodle Platform running on a server. This will be the latest version of Moodle and will be upgraded regularly as new versions are released. We will use this instance of Moodle to pilot courses to groups of users that are external to our organization. Having a separate instance will also help us to test new features and functionality available in the new releases.
Installation and Configuration
The vendor will be responsible for setting up the server from scratch on a server that is running Windows OS (unless you also provide hosting). The vendor will be given full administration access to the server in order to do this. The following outlines what is needed for the installation and configuration:
• Installation of PHP
• Installation of MySQL
• Installation of Apache Web Server
• Installation of Moodle
Upon successful installation, certain factors will need to be taken into account for the configuration. These are:
• User registration
o username, password, first name, surname, email address, city, country, gender, organization, organization type, optional: Skype, mobile phone
• User authentication via email
• Course enrollment, to be transferred to our organization staff
• Installation of language packs including French and Spanish in addition to English.
• Roles – there will be certain staff that will need Administration access. A list of this staff will be provided to the selected vendor.
In addition, the vendor will be responsible for setting up the URL to access Moodle on the server.
Maintenance and Support
The vendor will be responsible for providing maintenance and support for the platform until June 30th 2013. This will include:
• Customizing courses to enhance the functionality on existing and new courses
• Select and customize existing themes for new courses
• Address any installation and configuration issues
• Address any user registration and enrollment issues
• Fix any issues that are reported for the site
The vendor will be responsible for training a number of users (maximum of 6 participants) on how to create courses on Moodle. The training can be done virtually and should not exceed 4 hours.
The vendor can opt to provide hosting services for this instance of Moodle. If this is an option the vendor wishes to provide, the following factors must be taken into consideration:
• Our Internal Team would like to select the URL that is used to access the courses
• The number of concurrent users must be listed clearly
• The additional cost of hosting must be listed
• The total number of registered users must be listed
If the vendor will not provide hosting, it would be useful to understand if there are any specific server requirements. These must be listed separately.
The deliverables for this SOW include:
• A working installation of Moodle
• Application configuration document (basically, this should outline the steps we need to take if we have to install the same instance of Moodle on another server)
• Training materials (or links to training resources)
Entry added by Ruby Thind
- Friday, 1 March 2013, 6:19 AM
Last updated - Friday, 1 March 2013, 6:19 AM