Human Rights Education Associates (HREA) is a small international non-profit organization specialized in education and training in and about human rights. One of HREA's most successful activities is its innovative Distance Learning Program, through which since 2002 over 1700 human rights defenders from 95 countries have been trained. HREA now offers 25 courses annually for over 600 participants. HREA is seeking a Program Associate who will be responsible for the day-to-day facilitation of its distance learning courses.
Job responsibilities include:
- preparing syllabi for e-learning courses
- preparing and managing content of e-learning courses on HREA's learning management system (Moodle)
- communicating with course instructors
- communicating with course participants (incl. technical support) and tracking their progress
- administering and analyzing evaluations and follow-up surveys
- coordinating HREA's alumni network
HREA is looking for someone who is well organized and an excellent communicator. Specific requirements include:
- (under)graduate degree
- affinity with human rights work and with the mission of HREA
- prior experience with e-learning management, learning management systems and instructional design
- strong knowledge of learning management systems, particularly the Moodle e-learning platform
- excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- excellent communication skills
- ability to work well independently
- accuracy and eye for detail
- fluency in English and at least one of the following HREA working languages: Arabic, French, Mandarin Chinese
The position is based in HREA's main office in Concord, Massachusetts (USA) located in the Boston metropolitan area. The salary range for this position is $41,640 - $50,830, depending upon experience. Employer-paid benefits include medical, dental, disability, a retirement savings incentive plan and 25 paid holiday/vacation days. HREA is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV before April 1, 2009 by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entry added by Frank Elbers
- Thursday, March 12, 2009, 2:54 AM
Last updated - Thursday, March 12, 2009, 2:54 AM