The European Association of Service providers for Persons with Disabilities (EASPD) represents over
17,000 social and health service provider organisations across Europe and across disability. The main
objective of EASPD is to promote equal opportunities for persons with disabilities through effective
and high-quality service systems, as based on the principles of the UN Convention on the Rights of
Persons with Disabilities.
2. JOB DESCRIPTION
The E-Learning Officer will contribute to the implementation, development and design of the EASPD
e-learning current services and new products. S/he will coordinate and align the design of learning
activities (course images, online learning modules and online communities of practice) and the EASPD
e-learning hub (www.dlot.eu) on which all the EASPD e-learning products are hosted to offer a
coherent learning environment.
The post holder will also support the promotion, development and implementation of online and
blended training activities as well as the visual design of the training products according to the
identified needs (per project specific requirements) using application of modern technologies and
modern tools which are compatible with the highest degree of accessibility.
We are looking for a person willing to work within EASPD’s headquarters in Brussels in a temporary
framework of 3 to 4 months. The E-Learning Officer will work in close cooperation with members of
the Development, Research & Innovation team and different Project Officers. The work would involve
covering a broad variety of topics in the field of human rights and social services.
Persons with disabilities are particularly welcome to apply for the position.
3. OVERVIEW OF DUTIES
Update the design of the EASPD e-learning platform www.dlot.eu
Develop online training courses
o Support Project Officers on online training course development, including advise on
o Design the online features on each training course / module
o Upload and test content in the e-learning platform
Design support for course followers in using e-learning tools
Contribute to writing technology-enhanced learning/teaching-related project proposals for
The officer will be expected to perform some office management duties, as assigned by the
line manager and/or the Secretary General.
Proven experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS) - Moodle;
Proven experience in training design;
Excellent written communication skills in English;
Excellent IT skills, especially with design and photo/video-editing software;
A suitable-for-the-post degree
Ability to be flexible, adaptable and work effectively in and across international teams.
Experience on web design and development;
Knowledge about accessibility tools and techniques;
Knowledge on social care / social service provision;
One additional European language (full professional fluency, written and spoken).
5. TERMS OF THE CONTRACT
- The selected person must have a valid permit to work in the EU and live in Belgium.
- The workstation is the EASPD headquarters in Brussels (BE); partial teleworking
arrangements are possible.
- Contract 38 hours per week; remuneration according to experience (following Belgian
legislation - PC 329 Social Sector).
- Starting date: no later than 1st September 2020.
- Fixed-term employment contract for max. 4 months period ( September – December 2020).
6. WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to work with a well-respected European NGO in Brussels.
- Working in a young multicultural environment.
- A chance to learn more about the social care & support sectors and organisations from all
7. APPLICATION PROCEDURE
- If you feel that you have the skills and competences for the job and could fit into our team,
please email your CV and (max. one pager) motivation letter to Ms Carmen Arroyo de Sande
- The deadline for applications is 26th July 2020.
- EASPD regrets that we are unable to acknowledge all applications received. Please note that
only suitable candidates will be invited for an interview.