Moodle with us
Perhaps you've heard of Moodle - we make the world's most popular learning platform and we are on a mission to empower educators to improve our world.
If you are a web developer, who wants to work on varied and international projects, enjoy learning and being challenged, while having fun together as we advance our mission, read on.
About your new workplace...
Moodle is an award-winning international open-source software project. We create a powerful open-source online learning platform used by schools, higher education institutions and workplaces globally.
Did you know Google, the United Nations, UK Government, US Defence Force, Open University and California State and Columbia Universities through to schools, perhaps in your local area, use our platform?
Our team is mostly based in Perth, Australia and Barcelona, Spain. But we have colleagues all over the world too - Belgium, England, Ireland, India, Canada, USA, The Czech Republic.
We are a hard working team because we believe in the ability of our platform to make a positive difference in our world. When you join us, you will hear stories how we are doing exactly that.
Lastly, we really value our peers, and a caring, respectful, open and innovative workplace.
Find out more about us at moodle.com.
We’re looking for someone with strong skills in:
- General web development
- CSS (including SASS and LESS)
- Working with graphic designers
- Learning new tools and technologies
To creatively work on these things:
- Redesigning, building, and maintaining our public websites, including moodle.com and moodlemoot.org.
- Developing and maintaining custom Moodle Themes
- Other websites as needed
With this kind of approach:
- You care about quality and detail
- You know and care about accessibility and standards
- You are able to juggle simultaneous projects in order to meet deadlines
- You have an enthusiastic and approachable personality
- You have excellent communication skills (both online and verbal)
- You’re available to work in our headquarters in Perth, Australia
What's in it for you?
Besides the obvious that we've mentioned - a workplace where we really value our peers, and a caring, respectful, open and innovative workplace - what about:
- a competitive salary
- a flexible work-life blend approach
- an office stocked with snack supplies that you can enjoy in your casual dress code
- gaining new skills by learning from highly skilled peers
- ability to work on challenging & internationally recognised projects
- the knowledge you are helping millions of people reach their goals
- Monthly massages
- Regular social events
Does this all sound good? If yes…
Please go to Moodle jobs - Web Developer and click on the "Apply for this job" button. Add a cover letter, resume and anything else you'd like to share.
This is a fixed term full time position for 3 months which may lead to a longer contract or permanent employment.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted at this time.