Developers turn client requirements & feature requests into reality. They improve & expand the functionality of the systems. Developers have an in-depth understanding of how the applications are built. They provide advice into how the application should function & suggest improvements where possible.
- A helpful & collaborative person who works with colleagues to obtain the best results
- Strong communicator who can convey technical details to both technical and non-technical people alike
- Develop plugins & core changes to Virtual Learning Environments in PHP
- Guarantee high quality, on-time and on-budget delivery of development items within project
- Ensure high quality of documentation
- Collaborate with colleagues & provide assistance when required
- Be curious and interested in resolving bugs and support requests
- Knowledge of database systems MySQL, MariaDB or PostgreSQL
- Excellent knowledge of PHP Unit & behat testing
- Knowledge of version control systems.
- Knowledge of LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
- Willingness to learn & become an expert in VLE’s (MoodleLMS, Totara, Moodle Workplace)
- Expert in Virtual Learning Environments (MoodleLMS, Totara or Moodle Workplace)
- Linux Shell scripting
- Git Version Control
- RESTful web services
Relationships & Reporting
- Works collaboratively with all project stakeholders & with all colleagues.
- Reports to Head of Operations
Established in 2005, Synergy Learning is a leading learning technologies company. We’re a global leader in the design and development of custom learning solutions, having helped clients in over 40 countries through more than 1000 projects. We are a certified Moodle partner and a Platinum Totara Partner and have won numerous awards in recognition for our work with these platforms. Our customers are the central focus of everything we do, and we work in partnership with clients as diverse as Ryanair and the National Health Service to help them improve their performance .
We thrive on teamwork and are a community of experts who are proud of our friendly and professional approach to getting the job done. Everything we do is underpinned by our vision, mission and values that are inherent to our day-to-day work.
How To Apply
If you are a suitably qualified and experienced person and you think you would like to join us, then we’d love to hear from you!
Please use the link provided to send a cover letter explaining why you are the best person to fill this role, outlining your career objectives and how Synergy Learning can help you fulfil them. You should also attach an up to date CV, and answer the supplementary questions as thoroughly as possible.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome interest from all suitably qualified individuals. We always recruit on merit alone, but as we are currently underrepresented by females in our workforce, we would particularly like to encourage women to apply.
If you are disabled, and/or require any reasonable adjustments to assist you in applying for this role, or in due course attending an interview, please let us know and we will do all we can to facilitate you.
Entry added by Mandy McQuillan
- Thursday, February 11, 2021, 5:47 PM
Last updated - Thursday, February 11, 2021, 5:52 PM