Carnegie speech trains people to speak more clearly, and would like to create a moodle module that would add speech capability to a Moodle 2.2+ lesson/quiz system. Basically
- when constructing the quiz, we would like to indicate that the response would be spoken.
- We have to deal with the pronunciation of unusual vocabulary words. But that could be a phase 2 deal.
- The speech recognition can handle multiple-choice and free speech (essay) type of questions. We might want to also add focus words to be included in the essay questions.
- The flash module streams the audio data to our servers and returns a result.
I am looking for some level of estimate of time and cost to do this project, so I can fund it.
Entry added by Gary Pelton
- Friday, 24 January 2014, 2:01 AM
Last updated - Friday, 24 January 2014, 2:01 AM