The Queen Mary, University of London IT Services team is seeking an engaging and dynamic e-Learning Systems Development Analyst. You will need to have extensive hands-on experience of supporting and developing for the Moodle virtual learning environment. Furthermore you should have experience of supporting and developing a range of e-Learning services. You will be passionate about continuous service improvement, investigation and monitoring, and keen to learn and grow.
You will be responsible for the installation, monitoring, troubleshooting, and maintenance of our enterprise E-Learning systems ( LMS, lecture capture, online assessment, etc.); working directly with our educational and business users with regards to technical planning, testing, and implementation; incident and problem identification, analysis, and resolution; utilizing technical expertise to drive educational initiatives and innovation; providing subject matter expertise for the Educational Learning Unit.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable systems administration experience in technical and functional Moodle systems administration, creating and modifying Moodle plugins, ability to work with Moodle database tables and competence in SQL.
The position offers the chance of working in a technical challenging environment utilizing a variety of tools and software, your experience would include some of the following:
* Experience with eLearning and Moodle 2.x; installation, system administration and configuration, plug-ins, roles and capabilities.
* MySQL, SQL queries, and the Moodle data model.
* Programming ability in PHP, Bash/Shell, SQL, HTML / CSS and performance testing.
* Proven experience with Apache Web Server, GIT Version Control and GITHub web systems.
* Meticulous attention to detail and a can-do attitude
* Good problem solver, enjoying variety and delivering efficient, scalable and client focused solutions
* Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills ( to both technical and non-technical audiences)
* Define requirements, and help develop interfaces to other QMUL systems (Library, student administration, student portals)
* Document and update Moodle technical administrator actions and system configuration changes
* Produce monthly reports detailing the most active parts of Moodle, and any potential problems that have been logged.
* Some Linux system administration and tools experience (grep, cron, ssh, scp, vi, mysql), preferably RHEL/CentOS. Comfortable working at the command line.
* Text file analysis using tools such as advanced text editors, Perl, diff, sed, grep, regular expressions.
* Authentication technologies Shibboleth, LDAP
* Some Ethernet network expeience, including problem-solving using GUI and command-line tools
The e-Learning Development Analyst will be responsible for providing 2nd and 3rd line support to the users of the services both staff and students. They are also responsible for the planning, development and delivery of enhancements to the e-Learning services. You will need to take customer requirements and use project management methodology and your technical skills to provide effective and efficient delivery of e-Learning solutions to customers.
The post is full time and permanent. Starting salary will be in the range £34,283 - £40,335 per annum inclusive of London Allowance. Benefits include 30 days annual leave, plus an additional 4 College closure days, defined benefit pension scheme and interest-free season ticket loan.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006. Where required this may include entry clearance or continued leave to remain under the Points Based Immigration Scheme.
Application details: http://www.jobs.qmul.ac.uk/4801
The deadline for applications is 16 June 2014. Interviews are expected to be held shortly thereafter.