LEO is a global learning solutions firm with more than 30 years of experience in technology-enabled learning. We are part of Learning Technologies group (LTG), AIM listed.
Our portfolio includes major programmes for the private sector, 3rd sector and government, including high-profile initiatives with mainstream media visibility. Working with a number of top brands, you will define the best approaches to technical development across many of these projects.
The Lead Platform Developer will lead and mentor mid-weight and junior developers as they carry out sprints of build work, ensuring that they have a clear understanding of build tasks and quality assuring work at the end of each sprint. The Lead Developer will also personally carry out more complex development tasks. The Lead Developer will be expected to bring industry-wide best-practice to all of their work whilst maintaining a broad range of technical knowledge. They will need to work closely with other teams, communicating effectively both internally and with external clients.
- Take part in the scoping and design of new features for the platform together with Solution Architects
- Work within Solution Architects, understanding priorities of work and managing time and effort accordingly in order to provide technical input and support across development on the platform
- Lead and manage team activities such as code peer-reviewing, and ensuring technical documentation quality
- Ensure the team is implementing new functionality following industry standards in order to maximise reutilisation
- Coach junior members of the team, deliver training and enforce code quality through reviews and workshops
- Pro-actively identify risk and manage unknowns within feature development, on behalf of internal and external stakeholders
- Be the main technical liaison between the development team and internal clients. Be the liaison between the project delivery function and the studio, assisting with resource identification and booking
- Together with Support Specialist and Solutions Architect, provide first-class client costumer support service experience
- Demonstrable experience creating complex solutions using industry standards and best-practice, excellent understanding across a wide range of technologies, processes, tools and systems
- Able to understand enterprise-scale solutions and how LEO solutions can be integrated
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-motivated, capable of learning quickly and reacting to a world of ever evolving technologies
- Ability to liaise with other departments at all levels
- Proven technical capability, having online code for review in services such as GitHub is a plus
- Proven commercial experience with Drupal CMS at scale
- Experience with Git, pull request workflow and git-flow
- Experience with Scrum methodology
- Experience deploying and optimising responsive applications for mobile experience
- Experience with Moodle LMS, experience writing new plug-ins and extending the system’s core features.
Entry added by Marta Mayer
- Friday, September 2, 2016, 7:02 PM
Last updated - Friday, September 2, 2016, 7:02 PM