PHP Analyst Programme - QMUL4361
Apply online: https://webapps2.is.qmul.ac.uk/jobs/job.action?jobRef=QMUL4361
IT Services team is a seeking engaging and dynamic senior PHP developer to help develop our services in a rapidly expanding e-Learning market.
Ideally this would have been with the Moodle learning management system where you would have created and modified Moodle plugins.
The successful candidate will need to have extensive hands-on experience of supporting and developing web based applications in PHP and various frameworks.
- MySQL and writing complex SQL queries
- Optimising code and queries; methodical, organised and structured approach to writing code and problem solving
- Managing small and complex development projects; management and delegation of tasks to fellow colleagues
- Proven experience with the use of the LAMP stack
- Some Linux system administration and tools experience (grep, cron, ssh, scp, vi, MySQL), preferably RHEL/CentOS. Comfortable working at the command line
- Meticulous attention to detail and a can-do attitude
- Good problem solver, enjoying variety and delivering efficient, scalable and client focused solutions
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills and the ability to present complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work on own initiative
Ideally you should have experience of supporting and developing a range of e-Learning services such as for the Moodle virtual learning environment.
- Development of Moodle plugins and extensions using the Moodle frameworks
- Knowledge of the Moodle data model.
- Moodle technical administrator actions and system configuration changes
- Experience with GIT Version Control and GITHub web systems.
The post is full time, permanent and 35 hours per week. Starting salary will be in the range £35,672 - £41,669 per annum inclusive of London Allowance.
Benefits of working for Queen Mary include:
- 30 days annual leave, in addition there is an extra leave allowance of 4 College closure days on top of standard national bank holidays
- Defined benefit pension scheme with employer contribution of 16%
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Discounted gym membership.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Discounted nursery
- Discounted gym
- NUS card for staff (range of retail discounts)
Entry added by Queen Mary Appplications
- Thursday, May 12, 2016, 2:27 AM
Last updated - Thursday, May 12, 2016, 2:27 AM