American Homes 4 Rent is reinventing the residential rental market! We are combining the American Dream of home life in Single Family Residences with the conveniences of corporate rental maintenance and management. As a company, we strive to deliver superior homes and services to our clients as well as become valued members of every community we join.
The Learning Management System Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day support of the American Homes 4 Rent® Learning Management System (LMS). This position is tasked with LMS database management, maintaining electronic records, and is considered a technical resource. In addition, the position also assists the Training Specialists in designing and developing learning experiences for the Company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partners with Human Resources (HR) for training compliance roll-outs
- Creates/edits LMS course catalog categories and references content
- Creates LMS employee group, eCourses, training assignments, exams, surveys, and support notifications Maintains training records for all company employees
- Compiles reports and statistics with the Training Assistant for review by the Training Manager, including gathering and analyzing course evaluations and completion data
- Ensures all new and dropped learner enrollments submitted from HR are uploaded to the system
- Identifies, troubleshoots, and resolves problems with course design, LMS configuration and infrastructure
- Uploads and tests all education content before publishing to production environment; publishes all courses to production environment and/or staging environments
- Supports and assists in the coordination of the administrative needs of the AH4R University environment
- Maintains proper LMS permissions and rights for company employees and administrators; works with LMS vendor on resolving issues and upgrades to training environment
- Provides training/user support for LMS end-users and administrators
- Ensures New Hires are provided with learning login credentials and follows up with those employees to verify that they have arrived for their first day
- Provides support of the day-to-day ongoing operation, maintenance, usage, analysis, and administration of the LMS and AH4R University Mailbox with the Training Assistant
- Assists the Training Assistant on maintaining the eLearning Directory
- Cross-trains on Training Assistant’s job functions; performs quality assurance process on functionality to ensure the accuracy and integrity of all information and data residing in the LMS and education resources entered, imported, or uploaded into LMS Ensures naming conventions of LMS components are accurate and consistent prior to distribution; coordinates handoff of documents for LMS eCourses.
- Provides monthly compliance reporting according to schedule; escalates past due reports to Training Assistant and Training Manager
- Develops, adheres to, and applies the quality control (QC) process prior to adding or developing coursework on the LMS; assist in the document review process and maximizes the document management capabilities of the LMS.
- Follows all organizational systems, programs, training, policies, and procedures as required and complies with relevant legal mandates. Seeks guidance as necessary
- Actively supports and participates in the safety program, both for self-protection and the protection of other employees, by reading and abiding by all requirements in the Safety Manual and Injury Illness Prevention Program (IIPP).
- Handles various other duties as delegated by the Training Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in learning management, organizational development, training or related field preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) required.
- Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) credential preferred.
- Three (3) years of training design and development experience preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of customer service and/or administrative experience required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of Learning Management System administration experience required.
- Experience must demonstrate a strong technical knowledge and background running an LMS for a large company.
- Valid and current driver’s license required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft 365 or Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), JIRA and SharePoint required.
- Prior experience working with the following preferred:
- SilkRoad Learning Management System
- CRM Dynamics
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe XI
- Excellent verbal and written communication, problem-solving, planning and analysis skills.
- Strong relationship management and customer service skills.
- Must be able to meet multiple deadlines.
- Must be able to implement process improvement changes.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to adapt and flex to a changing environment.
- Must be able to lift:
- 20 pounds to waist height
- 20 pounds to shoulder height
American Homes 4 Rent has over 37,000 properties, making us one of the largest owners of single-family rentals in the United States. We operate at a level that's unheard of when it comes to acquiring and managing such properties. This ensures an enviable degree of employment stability in these uncertain times. Besides joining a stable organization in a white-hot industry sector, you'll enjoy an environment that fosters career growth, promotions, recognition and a competitive compensation and benefits package. Our training department is growing and this is effectively a ground floor opportunity to take initiative and help define and hone overall best practices in employee training. Accelerate the trajectory of your training career and apply today.