Job offered: Moodle Developer for European Commission
Hi guys, I am Stan and I have been working with European Institutions for more than 3 years.
Currently I´m staffing our team in Luxembourg and I´m looking for Moodle developer.
The whole JD is below:
We are looking for experienced Moodle Developer for the maintenance and development of the current Learning Management System (Moodle based), BTSF ACADEMY. Maintenance of such platform is the first step of a project aiming to prepare the IT environment and resources for taking over the developed BTSF e-Learning modules and the former BTSF e-learning Campus and to connect different e-tools currently used by BTSF initiative. The activities include the migration and the take-over of the existing resources (e-learning contents, sources, additional management resources, etc.) to the new environment.
The roadmap is to develop further thematic e-learning and to make the best use of the BTSF Academy’s functionalities to be developed.
Challenge - you will integrate an international and EU environment with different stakeholders (EU Members). With the Moodle system, you can bring up his own competencies on how to develop other functionalities. Experiences on CMS can be a plus.
- Create and manage user accounts using manual and email authentication
- Manage access to courses via various enrolment methods
- Identify and manage site layout options
- Assign and adapt permissions using the roles system
- Control collaboration, awareness and segmentation of users within a course
- Manage access to activities
- Maintenance and Updating of the existing Moodle activities and resources
- Enable facilitators and learners to track progress in a course
- Assign digital rewards to users via Badges
Front end support
- Knowledge of the Moodle functions and procedures (i.e. course opening; user registration; reporting)
- Configure in built appearance options to modify the site experience
- Implementation and integration of additional Moodle features and functionalities based on demands
- Monitoring and maintenance of infrastructure
- Interface and communication with Service Providers (Cloud)
- Server architecture design (Linux)
- Elaboration of technical documentation
- Technical support for Stakeholders
- Compliancy with the BTSF Academy quality standards (SCORM, W3C, etc.)
Statistics and reports - database management and data processing
- Bachelor degree in IT
- Expertise with Moodle
- A good knowledge of PHP (ASP as a plus)
- A good knowledge of MySql and SQL
- Knowledge of Linux OS (Ubuntu)
- Knowledge of HTML5 is a plus
- Knowledge of Azure Cloud or any other Cloud solutions (Amazon, etc.)
- Knowledge of CMS solutions, as a plus
- Good written and spoken English, French is a plus
- Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in application developments
- Capability of integration in an international/multi-cultural environment, rapid self-starting capability and experience in working in team
- Well organized and structured