To provide technical expertise, support and undertake development work on the University¿s core Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) and complimentary learning solutions. This involves engaging with stakeholders across the organisation to understand requirements for strategic initiatives and providing day to day operational support for staff and students across all supported VLE services / solutions. Providing quality services support to enable the University of Glasgow to achieve its strategic aim of delivering an excellent student experience is key along with supporting staff to ensure all learning technologies remain fit for purpose.
1. Provide professional and specialist operational support on a daily basis for the University¿s core VLE system and other supported complimentary digital learning technologies for both staff and students.
2. Working with other Learning Technology Developers and key stakeholders, contribute to the design, development and maintenance of the University¿s VLE and complimentary digital learning technologies in line with existing and future University Learning & Teaching strategies.
3. Undertake responsibility for small projects focussed on improving the University¿s core VLE and complimentary digital learning technologies.
4. Provide third-line end-user support via the helpdesk and produce supporting documentation and technical overviews as and when required to help ensure staff and students are able to maximise usage of the various services supported.
5. Liaise with colleagues to ensure compliance with university policies and IT Services technical working procedures and professional standards.
6. Adhere to work schedules and project plans set out by the Systems Development Manager and other senior staff and update progress at team stand ups and on the tracking software.
7. Attend appropriate external events and undertake self-directed learning. Keep up to date with new technologies and keep skills current.
8. Contribute to the enhancement of the University¿s international profile in line with the University¿s strategic plan.
More info... https://my.corehr.com/pls/uogrecruit/erq_jobspec_version_4.jobspec?p_id=047153
Entry added by Howard Miller
- Saturday, December 12, 2020, 1:05 AM
Last updated - Saturday, December 12, 2020, 1:05 AM