Responsible for providing user helpdesk support for escalated queries, user training, specialised testing support, software evaluation and gathering requirements for multiple projects that contribute to the effective support and continuous improvement of the University¿s Virtual Learning Environment (Moodle) and complimentary learning solutions.
1. To resolve day to day operational issues and queries independently through troubleshooting and advising on courses of action as appropriate in order to ensure excellent service delivery and continuity.
2. To perform detailed analysis of system change requests and assess the impact of new system releases prior to implementation, taking into consideration other corporate systems, ensuring any impact on other systems is considered and communicated to the appropriate staff/Schools/Colleges.
3. To gather business system requirements and provide advice to developers on the work required for system changes by highlighting and prioritising issues for investigation. Develop test scripts and perform system testing as part of the change cycle.
4. To provide specialist learning technology systems knowledge to users to mentor them in how to get the best from these systems.
5. To liaise with the Systems Development Manager on the management and allocation of development team work requests following consultation with the users. Consequently, advising the manager on priorities and coordinating these with the project plan to meet time driven targets and deadlines.
6. To support the development of training programmes, training manuals, user guides, FAQs and deliver training courses to staff.
7. To deliver demonstrations/presentations to Colleges, Schools, University administrative departments and committees for software releases, and carry out the seamless implementation of new and current system changes, including user communications.
8. To organise own workload within multiple projects by planning and prioritising own schedule and coordinating with other project team members in order to ensure that timescales and targets are met.
9. To deal with sensitive information and data held for all University staff with a very high degree of confidentiality and discretion adhering to data protection legislation.
10. Contribute to the enhancement of the University¿s international profile in line with the University¿s strategic plan.
Entry added by Howard Miller
- Saturday, December 12, 2020, 1:07 AM
Last updated - Saturday, December 12, 2020, 1:07 AM