We’re Titus; an award-winning supplier of organisational eLearning and we pride ourselves on being the best Moodle provider in the world. We utilise the world’s most popular learning platforms for clients such as Network Rail, Labour Party, Royal College Surgeons and Dermalogica to drive transformation through their teams learning and development. Impressive, right!
We are looking for a skilled and motivated Business Analyst to join our growing team and work directly with customers to support bid and sales opportunities.
Each customer has different needs, so it is important to understand their current user journey, identify their pain points, and map out their desired future journey. This independent technical role will work closely with customers to uncover their future requirements using best practices such as storyboarding, user stories, and prototyping.
The role reports to our Head of Technology and offers excellent career progression opportunities towards future roles in either sales or technology.
Why join Titus?
Culture – We have a people first culture and are really proud of the team we have created. Full of respect and diversity, and we talk openly and honestly about all things. It’s about our people knowing they are truly listened to and valued at work.
Our People – We work hard to ensure our people are valued, committed and motivated but most importantly they are happy. This shows in the results from our regular staff surveys. It’s important to us that we continue to hire not only talented people, but people who fit in with what we’re about.
Your Development – We actively support our people in their development, both financially and with allocated time; working with you on quarterly objective based Game Plans designed to keep you on track and continually improving in your role.
We’re a social bunch – We also like to have a lot of fun, eat, drink and try new things amongst the hard work; we run exceptional team activities, office parties and regular company events too!
Recognition – We cheer each other on, regular praise and gifts are important and we hold annual pay reviews and bonuses for exceptional work and overachievers.
Don’t take our word for it, read on and then come find out all these things are true for yourself (which they are!)
Is this you?
You will be working predominantly with the Sales team and workload prioritised around the demands of the pre-sales pipeline. The role will require collaboration across the Titus sales and technical teams including developers, product experts and software architects helping to deliver high-quality outcomes for our customers.
What we need from you:
- Excellent communication, listening and documentation skills to visualise requirements:
- Ability to actively listen to and understand customer needs, challenge logic and then document those needs clearly and concisely.
- Ability to gather functional and non-functional requirements, documented in the form of user stories with agreed deliverables/success measures:
- Strong Moodle knowledge, with the experience to map offline and undefined client processes into known and deliverable online platform functionality:
- Deep understanding of e-learning principles and best practices.
- Ability to analyse and map client processes to online platform functionality.
- Experience of understanding the client’s future wishes while exploring and suggesting appropriate user journeys:
- Ability to understand the client's vision for the future and then develop user journeys that help them achieve that vision.
- List Ability to manage workshops both in person and online using collaborative tools such as MIRO with stakeholders at all levels.
- Also ideal (but not a deal-breaker)
- WordPress portals/customer portals/Wireframe illustration, eCommerce solutions or Business Intelligence tools.
- Experience working with clients to understand their integration requirements working with REST API’s
What’s in it for you?
There are too many things to list but here’s a snippet
- A very friendly, collaborative and dynamic working environment in a rapidly expanding technology company, working with a global client base
- Investors in People - we really do care about and invest in our people
- Dedicated monthly time and £500 annual funding for self-improvement, professional development, learning and innovation
- Sponsorship for professional qualifications/subscriptions
- MacBook Pro
- Equipment for home working
- Located in fabulous office space in Saltaire, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, fully equipped with games room, well stocked food and drink options
- Flexibility around working hours and location - hybrid options
- Regular socials, office parties and exciting staff activities/gifts
- Titan of the month recognition
- Enjoy your birthday off work and a personalised voucher
- Quarterly business update social days
- Competitive salary
- Annual performance based salary review and bonus
- Annual cost of living pay increase
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Mid-week office Show and Tell lunch
Come on board…
To be considered for this role, please email your CV to email@example.com.