Head of Teaching, Learning and Research Platforms, Academia
A leading South-East University that’s based just outside London has a requirement for a Head of Teaching, Learning and Research Platforms. The role requires the successful candidate to take ownership for a portfolio of applications and to lead a support/development team. A core platform is Moodle.
The key responsibilities and objectives of the role Head of Teaching, Learning and Research Platforms include, but are not limited to:
- Managing a portfolio of applications that are key to Learning, Research and Teaching
- Define and execute the strategy for application/product development
- Providing a service delivery function
- Leading a team of developers and support analysts
- Acting in the capacity of technical authority, particularly with the core Moodle platform
- Plan, execute and deliver multiple full lifecycle projects.
- Extensive stakeholder management and liaison
- Driving change and innovation
Suitable candidate will need to have the following experience and skills:
- An expert in Moodle including the ability to upgrade, stabilize, monitor and development the platform in accordance with user/business needs
- A very good understanding of related Learning, research and teaching applications such as Panopto, pFACT and Turnitin
- Experience in a similar leadership or management role. This would include line and resource management
- The ability to manage multiple projects and a good understanding of business analysis and requirement definition
- IT service delivery experience to include application development, roadmaps and support
- Managing stakeholders and fostering strong inter-departmental relationships
In addition to the basic salary, this role also offers a very generous holiday allowance and pension scheme. There is also a relocation package available.
Resourcing operates as both an employment agency and an employment
business. Applicants will need to be able to provide us with proof of their
eligibility to work in the UK on request.
Entry added by Darron Chapman
- Monday, 18 September 2017, 11:42 PM
Last updated - Monday, 18 September 2017, 11:42 PM