PowerTrain is a world-class, high-tech, customer-focused
company that provides fast, successful talent and learning solutions. We
design, develop, and implement Learning Management Systems (LMS) for Federal
agencies and commercial clients.
The Learning Management System (LMS) Administrator monitors
and supports the daily operations of assigned LMS instances as well as contributes
to the development of solutions.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide technical support and assistance to LMS users with various levels of administrator rights (i.e., instructional designers, teachers, program coordinators, and registration specialists).
- Complete assigned tasks in the support of the implementation LMS instances and releases.
- Complete assigned tasks in the support of modifications, adjustments, and customizations made to LMS instances.
- Research extensions and enhancements available for Moodle, Drupal, and other open source platforms.
- Test LMS functions according to developed test plans.
- Document technical issues and procedures.
- Participate in solution design and LMS operational meetings, both internally and with clients.
- Create web reports using JReport design tool.
- Serve as a liaison to the Help Desk
- Communicate with clients.
- Continually develop your knowledge of core open source platforms and third-party applications.
- Provide technical assistance to the Program Manager, Solution Architect, Project Manager, and Programmer.
Qualifications and Skills
PowerTrain is a leading provider of talent development and
training solutions for the government and private industry. We provide a great
work environment for our employees. PowerTrain is proud of our contributions
and the impact our employees have made as members of our development team.
PowerTrain provides equal employment opportunity to all
persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical
or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status
with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local law.