Moodle with us!
Perhaps you've heard of Moodle - we make the world's most popular learning platform and we are on a mission to empower educators to improve our world.
If you are a Communications Officer, who enjoys learning and being challenged, while having fun together as we advance our mission, read on.
Find out about your new workplace...
Moodle is an award-winning international open-source software project. We create a powerful open-source online learning platform used by schools, higher education institutions and workplaces globally.
Did you know Google, the United Nations, UK Government, US Defence Force, Open University, California State, Columbia Universities, through to schools, perhaps in your local area, use our platform. In fact we have over 100 million registered users and our platform is used in every country in the world.
Our team is mostly based in Perth, Australia and Barcelona, Spain. But we have colleagues all over the world too - Belgium, England, Ireland, India, Canada, USA, The Czech Republic.
We are a hard working team because we believe in the ability of our platform to make a positive difference in our world. When you join us, you will hear stories how we are doing exactly that.
Lastly, we really value our peers, and a caring, respectful, open and innovative workplace.
Find out more about us at moodle.com.
What your new job can look like…
Most days can involve a mix of:
- Identifying and writing engaging communication pieces
- Interviewing Moodle users for case studies
- Translating social posts and written articles into Spanish and, if possible, Portuguese
- Social media / digital marketing assistance
- Events assistance for our MoodleMoot conferences (northern hemisphere)
- Relationship management with external and internal stakeholders
- ...and having a laugh with your team...
We'd love to meet you…
Especially if you can talk to us about your:
- Minimum 3 years working experience in a similar role, providing communications support services.
- Understanding of social and digital marketing.
- Previous experience in using communications software such as Hootsuite or news wire or CMS such as WordPress.
- Experience in coordinating and assisting multiple events.
- Well developed communications skills, especially writing various communication pieces, such as media releases, blog posts, articles, social posts and more.
- Good research skills.
- Enthusiastic and approachable personality.
- Proactive and solution focused attitude.
- Strong eye for detail with outstanding writing skills.
- Ability to work remotely, and on weekends/after hours during an event season.
- Ability to speak and write in Spanish and English fluently and work in Barcelona.
- Organisational skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines with competing priorities.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment but also independently.
Extra awesome if you can share your:
- Graphic design knowledge.
- Ability to speak Portuguese or an Asian language.
What's in it for you?
Besides the obvious that we've mentioned - a workplace where we really value our peers, and a caring, respectful, open and innovative workplace - what about:
- A competitive salary.
- Gaining new skills by learning from highly skilled peers.
- Opportunity to travel.
- Ability to work on challenging and internationally recognised projects.
- The knowledge you are helping millions of people reach their goals.
Does this all sound good? If yes…
Please go to Moodle job openings - Communications Officer and click on the "Apply for this job" button. Add a cover letter, resume and anything else you'd like to share.
This position will require regular travel and some work outside of office work hours including some weekend work.
No recruitment agencies please.